Hello, I am new to this forum and I am hoping that you might be able to give me some help. I bought a Silhouette Cameo 3 last week and have been trying it out. The first few things that I did came out ok but today I ran into problems. I downloaded a design from the Silhouette store, "Fox Lantern" by Nic Squirrell (hmmm, nom de plume?).

Anyway, I am trying to use a fairly heavy 260 - 280 gsm card. The blade cuts through fine and the internal part of the design cuts out ok but when it cuts the outline of the design it is not aligned with the rest of it and by the time it reaches the bottom of the sheet it is cutting into the body of the design by about 7mm.

I am in a well lit studio, the card is firmly adhered to the cutting mat, it is loaded in to the machine straight, I have reduced the size of the data packets sent by the PC to the cutter down to 500. I have tried connecting by USB and I have tried with bluetooth but it still makes the error. I can't think what else to try and I am beginning to wonder if the machine was a waste of money.

If anyone else has experienced this issue and managed to resolve it I would be so happy if you could tell me what to do. I have contacted Silhouette support but if they are anything like many other companies I could be waiting a long while.