Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Chicago Binding Screws - any alternative?

Hi there,

I recently bought a Winnie The Pooh scrapbook which makes use of Chicago Binding Screws/posts to hold the book together. The ones I have at the moment are M5 30mm screws which aren't long enough now that I've added another set of pages.

Are there any alteratives to these screws that I can use instead as I can't seem to order them anywhere except for eBay coming from China or via Amazon which come in big bulk packs (I only need 3!)?

The exact scrapbook I have is the Winnie The Pooh frame a name.

Thanks in advance

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    If you go to Screwfix, you can buy cabinet bolts, I can't remember their exact name but they are the bolts used for kitchen cabinets. I can look up the part no, if you want, later this afternoon. I use these in all my post bound albums now.
    Sheila

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by grannyscrap View Post
    If you go to Screwfix, you can buy cabinet bolts, I can't remember their exact name but they are the bolts used for kitchen cabinets. I can look up the part no, if you want, later this afternoon. I use these in all my post bound albums now.
    Great, thanks for the suggestion! I've found both a pack of M6 Inter Screws (53627) and M4 Inter Screws (65152) on Screwfix.
    The M6's seem a bit more like it as it allows for a greater thickness of 42mm.

I don't think I'll be able to go much thicker than that anyway otherwise the book itself will buckle.
    I'm already having problems with the cardboard "spine" that joins the front and back together slipping out. Any ideas how to fix that too?

Thanks for your help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    You're very welcome. It's the M4 Inter Screws I use. I just replace the album screws from the start with them. I don't think the M6 are long enough and, I believe, they are a lot fatter.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the spine slipping out. If the holes are to large, are you able to reinforce them, on the back, with,say, thin chipboard? Say cereal box.
    Sheila

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi there,

So it's been a while since I posted...haha.
    I've since tried the M6 Inter Screws from Screwfix and unfortunately they were too fat for the holes so I'm now back to square one ��.

I did think about getting some extension posts instead since that's what I've used before and allows for more pages. Any thoughts on this?

Here's a picture of the scrapbook post area.
    IMG_20200412_152944_MP.jpg