Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

pixscan help please

I have decided to have another go with my pixscan mat. I was happy with result previously.
    However tonight I have sent my photo to my laptop no problem. I clicked on pixscan icon and watched it importing it, then the fun begins. All i get is a blank page followed by page set up appearing at the side. So not showing pixscan mat just a blank page.
    Previously it was effortless, any ideas please.
    I am using version 4.3.273ss and windows 10
    Last edited by liverbird; 08-01-2020 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added more information
    Maureen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Maureen I have not used my PixScan mat for a good while and I always used my scanner not a camera. With the scanner I had to take a scan with the image on the PixScan mat then import it into Studio.

I am sure there are videos Brian at Graphtec put up with both methods, camera and scanner.

View Gallery

Thank you Neries and Doreen, the problem isn't with the camera as that is the method I have been using and has been perfect so far. I can see the file importing and it shows up in the pixscan window, but then I get a blank page and its not showing the pixscan mat.

The reason I have never used my scanner is because it is upstairs and would involve going to scan coming downstairs to check and then going back up to turn the mat around to scan other side, my scanner is A4. So much easier to take a photo and send it to myself. I think if I could scan in one go it would be easier.
    Maureen

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen, I have just watched both your links and I think I'm doing everything right.

I've even tried to do it via my scanner and it says no scanner found, despite my printer being on and ready to go. Says select from a list of connected TWAIN compatable scanners. ?
    If I click on printer it highlights the current printer, but thats ok if I want to print.

I dunno after spending hours trying to figure it out one wonders if its quicker to go out and buy a card and not make one. I am trying to do one for my grandaughters 6th birthday, so feeling a bit frustrated right now.
    Maureen

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Give Graphtec a ring I'm sure Brian will be able to help (even if you have to buy one this time it would be helpful to know what the problem is) their number is 01978 666700

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
    Thank you Doreen, I have just watched both your links and I think I'm doing everything right.

I've even tried to do it via my scanner and it says no scanner found, despite my printer being on and ready to go. Says select from a list of connected TWAIN compatable scanners. ?
    If I click on printer it highlights the current printer, but thats ok if I want to print.

I dunno after spending hours trying to figure it out one wonders if its quicker to go out and buy a card and not make one. I am trying to do one for my grandaughters 6th birthday, so feeling a bit frustrated right now.
    Maureen have you tried going back to a previous version of Studio 4.2 to check to see if it is a software problem?

View Gallery

No not tried that, do I just find a previous version then click it.

I thought I'd be clever and do a print and cut and it won't see registration marks, been trying for what seems forever. Then when i did get it to cut part of my picture it was way off. So think I have a plague of gremlins in my portrait.

I will try a previous version and see if that works. Glad i'm not pushed for time!

How do I find a previous version, I just looked in my downloads and found a previous version 4.2.471 but when I click on it, it says I have another more up to date version and ends the wizard.
    Last edited by liverbird; 09-01-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    Maureen

View Gallery

No not tried that, do I just find a previous version then click it.

I thought I'd be clever and do a print and cut and it won't see registration marks, been trying for what seems forever. Then when i did get it to cut part of my picture it was way off. So think I have a plague of gremlins in my portrait.

I will try a previous version and see if that works. Glad i'm not pushed for time!

How do I find a previous version, I just looked in my downloads and found a previous version 4.2.471 but when I click on it, it says I have another more up to date version and ends the wizard.
    Maureen when I have gone back to a previous version I always delete the current one first. I know it is not ideal but it has worked for me in the past.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Maureen there is a problem with scanners not being recognised in the latest 64 bit version of the software if you are using Windows. Silhouette are working on it but it seems they haven’t been able to come up with a solution so far. I don’t endnote know where my Pixscan is so can’t help there !!

View Gallery

Had a response from silhouette see below, so am going to update and see what happens.

I will approach them over the scanner thing when I've sorted out the pixscan, thank you Shirley Anne. Just gets so frustrating when you want to do something and the equipment lets you down. Having said that, I did use my foil quill with the pixscan mat and it was really good.

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Alexis, and I will be helping to resolve your questions and concerns on this matter.

I'm sorry that you are having some problems with your PixScan projects!

This is a known concern with the version of Silhouette Studio that you are working with, so before doing anything else I would like to have you update. You can update to the current version of the software, version 4.3.356, at www.silhouetteamerica.com/software.

If the problem continues after updating, please let me know and we can move to some next steps.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you,
    Alexis R.
    Silhouette Support Team

p.s. By the way I ended up fussy cutting the bits out for grandaughters card tedious, but done and ok.
    Maureen

View Gallery

That's the same person who replied to my question about why my BE of Studio reverted to the basic version after doing the previous beta update. I managed to sort it on my own by putting in my DE code then my BE code. I wanted to know if it used one of my installs by putting the coded in gain but she didn't seem to understand what I was asking so I'm still no wiser. It took 3 days to get a reply just as well I wasn't wanting to use the software because I like to save file's as SVG'S
    Last edited by DJG; 10-01-2020 at 08:45 PM.

View Gallery

It's worked

It still goes slightly out when using pixscan, but that is something they are aware of, so maybe they sort that too at some stage.
    The print and cut is perfect everytime.

Just so pleased it's sorted, as I have a few projects coming up.
    Maureen

View Gallery

It's worked

It still goes slightly out when using pixscan, but that is something they are aware of, so maybe they sort that too at some stage.

Glad it's worked Maureen. Did you update to the latest beta version?

View Gallery

It's worked

Maureen pleased it is working for you. I found the positioning over the image to cut has never been spot on. Always from the beginning slightly out, so I always compensated for it by moving the trace just a little bit to the right. If I moved it by re-calibrating it was out then on print & cut which I used a lot more.

It is great that the Studio is always being updated for free but where there is a gain in features sometimes put problems with what has worked before.