Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)

Claiming points for travellers notebook layouts?

Hello,

I have been looking at starting a travellers notebook.

I wondered if any one knows if the layouts in this would count for points? And if so which category I should claim them under? Also if I did a challenge in a Travellers notebook can I claim the points for the elements if I can't claim for the layout part?

Does anyone have any tips for travellers notebooks?

TIA
    Jo x
    [

Christmas Advent Swap

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Maybe worth checking with your team leader about points. (I love a travel journal, so it would be a shame if you couldn't earn points for them.)

Here are some photos of one I made. I don't have any tips, but I have found inspiration on Pinterest, eg this one Barcelona.

I've used a 'Smash' book for a couple of trips, though I don't have photos of them. However, I know there are YouTube videos available.

I've tried taking journal cards with me so that I can capture things as they happen, but it didn't work for me. There's a freshness and immediacy about such journalling (and it saves time later!), but in reality I journal better if I do it afterwards when reviewing photos and reflecting on the trip. I do keep receipts and other ephemera as I go along, keeping each day's together. This helps when I scrap photos later. I use some ephemera on my pages, but it helps with my reflection, even when I don't use it.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

This is another favourite travel planner, with instructions.
    Margo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    If you count a double page it will qualify for points as it will be 6" x 6" or bigger. So no to a single page but yes for a double page (can be two separate pages

For example THESE counted as a layout for 10 points each double page. I do quite a lot of travellers notebooks now to try and improve my sketching. I always kept holiday journals but adding sketches and then photos when I get home has been great fun.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Karen, your pages are amazing ! I wish I could sketch like that. And fab journalling too.
    We’re going on a cruise round Alaska later in the year and I want to do a travel notebook, I’d love to work on it while we’re travelling but we’ll see, I’m not very good at daily diaries

Thanks for points clarification.

G61, I’ve been scouring Pinterest too for ideas, your 2012 journal looks great.
    I collect so much stuff when we travel, it would be good if I could be organised enough to make more notes while we’re actually on the go so it all makes sense when we get home. I think premaking some pages is a good plan
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Alison this year I jotted notes on my ipad as the holiday was so full on and I am doing a sketch book style travellers notebook now I am home. I simply didn't have the time, energy or motivation to do it when away - I just wanted to enjoyt he holiday. I am a firm believer things like a travellers notebook should enhance the holiday experience not become a burden

View Gallery

Fab notebooks, scrapdolly!

Alison - thanks for your kind comments. I had completely forgotten about making that book until I replied to Jolene. We were doing a road trip through several countries, so to make it easy for myself, I designed a bespoke template so that I could easily tick off or fill in things like the day and date, the weather, our mode of transport (I listed 7 to choose from!), which country we started and ended the day in, what currency we used that day and the cost of fuel; towns where we stopped, where we ate and where we stayed overnight. I stuck down receipts, leaflets, tickets etc. I had such fun looking through it!! And I could certainly use that template again.

I made another one using a ready-made travel journal from Paperchase. It had a mix of pages including clear plastic protectors to put ephemera or 6x4 photos in, and envelope-type pages.

Alison, would love to see whatever you decide to do for your Alaska trip.
    Margo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I agree with you Karen, probably why I usually abandon my plans !
    I have often taken scrapping things away with me, sometimes with a bit of a plan but I never manage to do much, usually too tired in the evenings as we always fit so much in the day ! I did think a cruise may be easier to do something as we will have the same base the whole time.
    The phone and iPad are great tools for making notes and if that’s all I manage that’s fine with me, I shall enjoy reliving the memories on our return

We don’t go till August so plenty of time to plan, and I promise to share anything I create here on UKS
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022