Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

I need some help please

I have recently been dragged kicking and screaming into Windows 10 from Windows 7! Not only do I not like it much nor does my Craft Robo! Does anyone know where I can get the current driver...can't seem to find mine! I have the Robo C200-20 and I know it is old but I have so many files which I have collected over the last 10 years I don't really want to lose them! I thought I had got it talking to my computer but it won't cut...just makes a terrible noise as if it is in pain! So thought I would uninstall the program and start again! Any help would be much appreciated...many thanks!

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Hello there and happy new year. If you go here http://www.graphteccorp.com/support/...craftrobo.html you will find CraftRobo drivers for the old machines. Have you ever tried the Studio software that replaced it? The old CR machines work with it fine and it is a more refined design programme than the old software: the basic programme is free and it will open your gsd files with no problem. You will find it here: https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software I would go for the current version, which is the most stable, as the beta versions still have bugs, and the introduction of the latest Cameo4 cutter means that there is much which relates just to that cutter within the new software. I hope you sort your problems out okay. Just to say I think that Windows10 is brilliant and I would not go back to any other Microsoft OS!!

Andi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you very much Andi! Will go and try now and hope I am successful!!

View Gallery

Good Luck Jack, I didn't think to say that, of course, I have no idea whether the software will work with Win10, it goes back such a long way. However Graphtec are the most helpful company going and they are based in Wrexham which is great; if you still have probs you could give them a call on 01978 666700 and I am certain they will help you if they possibly can, Brian is a real wizz kid (sorry Brian I am picturing you in a baseball cap turned backwards now) with all the machines. They sponsor this little bit of UKS.

Andi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I have a feeling I read on here the Robo software doesn't work with W 10 but I could have dreamt it. I would download the Studio software Andi has linked to...... it does a lot more than Robomaster and you won't have to look for drivers because they're installed along with the software.

View Gallery

Happy New Year Doreen. Hope you had a good Christmas. Thanks for the heads up, I suspect there will be a struggle between RM and Win10, too, the programme has to be at least 12 to 15 years old by now.

Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Happy New Year Doreen. Hope you had a good Christmas. Thanks for the heads up, I suspect there will be a struggle between RM and Win10, too, the programme has to be at least 12 to 15 years old by now.

Andi

Thank you Andi yes I did I hope you did too and a happy New Year to you. Hopefully jackinthebox will let us know what happens.

View Gallery

This is a quick shout to Jack. I have just discovered that Win10 has a compatibility troubleshooter. I've never needed to use such a thing (so far) so I wasn't even aware of it but, knowing how advanced Win10 is compared to older OS's, I can't say I am surprised. I can't link directly to the site where I found the information because they aren't sponsors here but I think I'm okay to name the site, it's called gPost and you need search under How to Run Old Software on Windows 10 with Compatibility Mode. I haven't studied it totally but you could give it a go if you are still having problems. Doreen, if I have transgressed by naming the site here I apologise and understand you'll have to delete this post. If that happens I will pm Jack with the info if it is required.

Thanks
    Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    This is a quick shout to Jack. I have just discovered that Win10 has a compatibility troubleshooter. I've never needed to use such a thing (so far) so I wasn't even aware of it but, knowing how advanced Win10 is compared to older OS's, I can't say I am surprised. I can't link directly to the site where I found the information because they aren't sponsors here but I think I'm okay to name the site, it's called gPost and you need search under How to Run Old Software on Windows 10 with Compatibility Mode. I haven't studied it totally but you could give it a go if you are still having problems. Doreen, if I have transgressed by naming the site here I apologise and understand you'll have to delete this post. If that happens I will pm Jack with the info if it is required.

Thanks
    Andi

That's fine Andi I hope it helps with Jack's problem and anyone else having a problem