Friday 5 - 27th Dec

by sharon1973

Grey's Anatomy Atrium

by scrapdolly

Fri 5 10th Feb

by elainevking

Fri 5 17th Jan

by elainevking

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,323 Times in 1,019 Posts
    Sounds great and by now Louise will have arrived so have a wonderful crafty time.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 925 Posts
    Have a great time Ellie !
    I missed all the vacuum discussion, what a shame

Cake sounds fab Elaine, and your rose is perfect, just what you need for your invites.
    Susie, hope you can soar some of your health issues. We never feel any older on the inside do we !

Well Ive got a red for you, I had to check in on the dogs for DD today and shed left some treats for them...
    C9177A11-21B0-4BF4-A1B6-ABEBF336A409.jpeg
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

They're great Alison. I always worry our boys would eat the Kong as well as the treat. You're right, in my heart and mind I'm still 30, pity about the rest. Is that peanut butter in the Kong?

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Thanked 1,765 Times in 1,231 Posts
    You can get squirty stuff in a can to fill them but it’s quite expensive. I haven’t given any Kongs to my dogs for a while..maybe I should..although I don’t think my old girl would stay awake long enough to bother.
    Sorry you’re in pain Susie. Maybe worth looking into the K laser then?
    I did smile about your comment on the vacuums Alison! Lol
    Enjoy your retreat Susie. It’s my crop today but I did manage some scrapping yesterday

And this is one is for our GB challenge later in the month.
    SCRAP HAPPY TEAM MEMBER My Blog
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader
    Swaps: Christmas 2019 stocking swap. Adventurers advent swap.

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Good morning Snappers
    It sunshiny this morning very frosty but oh so much better than all the rain
    AACBD07B-F2A5-4AF0-8613-F8216C957C1E.jpg
    I have two looking down ones
    F0A9BFF0-F530-4AD5-9E04-22DF9A17B09F.jpg
    6683BCC1-0262-4081-9F6E-C984FFE1911E.jpeg
    And this one can either be a looking down or a ‘what is it’
    F13EBB76-6F4A-468C-B33B-9CE9ED48AD8F.jpeg
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 925 Posts
    Morning.
    See the sun is making you feel better already Mary
    Lovely frosty photos, and gorgeous sunrise. Would that be an icy puddle ?

I have no idea what DD outs in the kong, they are just there ready for me to hand over.
    Naughty little Franklin (who is actually bigger than Daisy now) kept stealing Daisy’s too, she gives in to him all the time.

Did you see the paintings Karen (Scrapdolly) did of them, she put a LO in the gallery here https://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/photop...p?photo=256467

Here’s a closer look at the pictures...
    D1C26791-7439-41C6-9230-1887BABEA398.jpg C8AAD741-E4A1-449A-ADB2-3AE173CF2941.jpg

Elaine, let me know when you’re ready to take commissions
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

View Gallery

Yes Alison it’s the ice on the top of my water bucket I’m thinking of turning into a pp not sure if it will work but worth a try.
    Yes the cold brightness of the day has indeed lifted my spirits I feel on top again

I scrapped a page last night which helped too and as it has red in it I’m posting it here ( any excuse)
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Fabulous photo's Mary and glad you are feeling so much better. I can't see why the ice bucket photo wouldn't work as a paper and it would look wonderful.

Wow, what amazing paintings Alison, I didn't realise Karen was so talented.

Elaine, sadly it is not me at the retreat it's Ellie lucky thing. If there is food around our boys never sleep, they're like sharks, searching and waiting and then pouncing given half the chance.

Another beautiful day here so towels were washed and have been on the line since this morning and don't appear to be getting any close to being dry. Now I've done a coloured wash and that is all on hangers above radiators.

Off to check out the LO's next.

View Gallery

Gorgeous photos Mary. Would love to see the PP if it works.
    Morning to everyone else too.
    Great paintings Alison. I won’t be taking commissions too much pressure. Lol
    I was at crop yesterday so didn’t pop on but I managed five layouts and was mostly pleased with them. With the to I did in Friday at home, it’s been like doing my own mini retreat. Hope you are enjoying yours Ellie! HI knew it was you on retreat but got the names muddled up in my haste.
    DIL is going through a bit of a spell again. Her immune system is currently at zero so they won’t let her have her next treatment until they go back up. Until then she is totally open to infection so if Miss A gets a cold or anything she will be coming here as it will be safer. She had sepsis once before so she is vulnerable to that so she can’t afford to get a bug. Fingers crossed
    It may be dry now but unless there is some warmth too I doubt we will get washing dry on the line now. Brave to try though Susie. Not long until I get my tumble dryer.....
    Last edited by elainevking; Today at 10:02 AM.
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Lucky you Elaine, not sure how long I'm going to have to wait. It will definitely be a phone call tomorrow if they haven't sent me the link in the e-mail. The first person I spoke to should have registered it and since the engineer has already seen the machine and rung the office when he was at our house, I don't see why they can't hurry this up. Which did a piece about Whirlpool so I'm going to see if they have any advice next.

Elaine, is it the treatment that is wiping out her immune system? If it is, that is a real Catch 22 situation to be in. It is so hard to keep people away with infections, often they are carriers and show no sign of illness but someone such as your DIL will catch whatever they are carrying. When I had M.E. in the first years my immune system was so wiped out and I caught everything and was constantly ill with something. We banned everyone from the house but people don't understand that if they have been around someone who is ill and they are a carrier that they are bringing illness to the house anyway. At least for me I eventually could find a way to boost my immune system which your DIL can't do and having a child around when they are coming into contact with illness all the time makes it so much harder. Also, I wasn't having an important treatment as your DIL is having. How long can she wait between treatments? I know my cousin was hospitalised and kept in isolation when he was bad due to the chemo. It is such a horrible situation for all, especially your lovely DIL. How does Miss A cope with this, is she just happy to come and stay with you? Sorry that sounds like the Spanish Inquisition, don't answer if you don't feel like it.x

View Gallery

well I've been playing on and off with the ice bucket photo and here is the basic page, lightening the colour to give it a softer look, I've also printed off some pages with colours changed
    ice bucket small.jpg
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That's great Mary, free paper designs, can't beat it.

View Gallery

Wow Mary! So clever!
    Yes it is the treatment that has killed off her white cells. Amber is, fortunately, completely oblivious to all and anything around her Mummy’s illness because she’s never known anything different. Alex has been fighting this since Amber was 18 months so she doesn’t remember a time when she was ‘well’. Fortunately it is a rare occurrence. If Amber gets something at school she will want her Mummy but we will have to put DIL first. DS has said he would take time off and maybe the option would be for DIL to stay at her parents or here? We will have to see what happens. if DiLs stats come back up she can have her treatment next week..it’s all about the blood tests. We got lulled into a false sense of security because of her great results before Christmas but we still have to be vigilant. The school is taking it very seriously and they are really on top of hygiene and making sure children don’t come back to school before they should be and you can’t ask much more than that.
    I’ve had a nice day. DH and I went out for a drive in the sunshine and then Stopped for tea (DH had cake too) and then I came back and while he had a nap (he’s on duty tonight) I had a sort out of lots of my stash. I’ve decided that as I have enough stuff to craft until I’m 123, I need to de stash somewhat. I thought that I could sell a lot of my (unopened) stash to my craft club. I ran it by them yesterday and they are keen for me to run my ‘shop’. As I’m doing a lot more ‘art’ I won’t miss it. I will still be crafting as much as ever but I can see that I have enough to run a ’shop’ for now and if it is warranted I can restock it with items I find in the sales and other crafters that are Destashing too. Sounds like a plan , right?
    BTCR tally = 50
    Joint Hse leader

+ Post New Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819