Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Can't Connect New Came 4 to Studio

I moved my Cameo 3 and unpacked my new Cameo 4 just after 2.pm this afternoon. No instructions with the machine it is all on line at Silhouette America. No way can I get Studio to recognise the Cameo 4.Turned off, unplugged machine and USB cable then rebooted computer about 3 or 4 times. I have gone through most of the trouble shooting on Silhouette America. Wasted over 4 hours and still not sorted. My computer running windows 10 knows the Cameo 4 is there but Studio does not. I have gone down the list to 'Interfering Connections' which says 'devise not migrated'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Neries; 30-12-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I would give Graphtec a call Margaret - 01978 666700. Let us know how you get on.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    What a pain Margaret. I thought I read Graphtec aren't back till after the new year so if you haven't got it sorted maybe SA can help if they're back before Graphtec

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I sorted it this afternoon by using the trouble shooting page on the Silhouette web site with the 'Interfering Connections' instructions. Connected up and then had to resync my Library to find the 100 extra files. Now all set up and I cut out some shapes. Finding how to connect the Bluetooth was challenging as the instructions said the Bluetooth icon was in the 'send' window but not showing in mine. Found it by right clicking on the portrait icon below the Cameo, which showed two connections. One had the Bluetooth icon which I highlighted and pressed the Bluetooth icon on My Cameo 4.

I found the cutting mat very flimsy and hung downwards over edge, so are they flimsier than the original. I have not bought a Silhouette mat for a few years as been using Crickets mats with my Cameo 3 for cutting and they last a long time. I like the extra markings in the 1in squares, smaller 1/4 in squares. One son asked what I wanted for Christmas (prior to my buying the 4) so I sent him a link with two Silhouette mats and two auto blades for the Cameo 3. He went and bought the two pack with two ratchet blades. Which did turn out for the best after.

The auto roller feed for vinyl is not something I am going to use and I did like the small pull out tool tray of the Cameo 3 and the tray along the back, so miss those two. Also the compartment on the left has a slide cover on the Cameo 4 with only room for one spare blade.

I do like the slide up and away lid. The Cameo 4 is faster than the 3 and the auto blade only clicks once on the far left, before clicking the number of times for the blade depth.

When it came to cutting the Cameo 4 auto blade setting of 3 was not high enough for the card I was using which cut ok with the auto blade set at 3 with my Cameo 3. Taking the pressure up and multiple cuts did not work so resorted to blade setting 4 pressure 20, which then marked the mat. My digital thickness gauge showed the card as 0.32

I do wish I could have both my Cameo's out but that means completely rearranging and finding room elsewhere for other crafting things.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    I sorted it this afternoon by using the trouble shooting page on the Silhouette web site with the 'Interfering Connections' instructions. Connected up and then had to resync my Library to find the 100 extra files. Now all set up and I cut out some shapes. Finding how to connect the Bluetooth was challenging as the instructions said the Bluetooth icon was in the 'send' window but not showing in mine. Found it by right clicking on the portrait icon below the Cameo, which showed two connections. One had the Bluetooth icon which I highlighted and pressed the Bluetooth icon on My Cameo 4.

I found the cutting mat very flimsy and hung downwards over edge, so are they flimsier than the original. I have not bought a Silhouette mat for a few years as been using Crickets mats with my Cameo 3 for cutting and they last a long time. I like the extra markings in the 1in squares, smaller 1/4 in squares. One son asked what I wanted for Christmas (prior to my buying the 4) so I sent him a link with two Silhouette mats and two auto blades for the Cameo 3. He went and bought the two pack with two ratchet blades. Which did turn out for the best after.

The auto roller feed for vinyl is not something I am going to use and I did like the small pull out tool tray of the Cameo 3 and the tray along the back, so miss those two. Also the compartment on the left has a slide cover on the Cameo 4 with only room for one spare blade.

I do like the slide up and away lid. The Cameo 4 is faster than the 3 and the auto blade only clicks once on the far left, before clicking the number of times for the blade depth.

When it came to cutting the Cameo 4 auto blade setting of 3 was not high enough for the card I was using which cut ok with the auto blade set at 3 with my Cameo 3. Taking the pressure up and multiple cuts did not work so resorted to blade setting 4 pressure 20, which then marked the mat. My digital thickness gauge showed the card as 0.32

I do wish I could have both my Cameo's out but that means completely rearranging and finding room elsewhere for other crafting things.

Glad you've got it sorted and seem to be liking it after a rough start Margaret