Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Inspitation re retirement plus birthday

I imagine that you will be up to your elbows in sprouts as I should be. Cardmaking or thinking about it has sort of got in the way.
    Just wonder if any one can give me a basic idea to start me off for my Sister's Birthday card in January.
    She has just retired. She sent me a lovely picture and citation re the event which I should like to make part of a Birthday card but have gone a bit blank.
    I want to make something she might like to keep to remind her of the occasion . Maybe even be easier to separate it from the Birthday.
    Just need a little spark to get me going.
    I should be so grateful.

Whats an inspitation you may well ask. Inspiration. oops.
    Last edited by Robyn; 21-12-2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Hi Robyn - have you had a look at the gallery or the "Card making" section. You will find lots of inspiration there. Or what about Pinterest? HTH.

A card for each would be great - the more the merrier - makes it even more special.

BTW - no sprouts in this household. Nobody eats them anyway.
    Last edited by yiayia; 21-12-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think a card for each too as they are separate celebrations and it would probably make it easier for you in the end. Do let us see what you make in the end.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

O der. I think my reply to Yiayia went somewhere else.

Basically I wanted to say thank you to Yiayia and now Susie.A for replying.

It really helped me define what the problem was. ie Too little information even for the smallest scrapbook. Too much for a card. It then occurred to me to make a large waterfall card illustrating important sentences in the citation.

I think you are right in suggesting 2 separate cards. However, it takes me a month in Sundays to design/make special cards and her Birthday is on 15.01.20 with Christmas and visitors intervening.. so maybe just the retirement one and then buy the Birthday one.

My thanks again.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Whatever makes life easier for you Robyn. It is such a stressful time and at least you have an idea now how you want to go. I take for ever to come up with one design and am in awe of the ladies on here who can produce cards or LO's so quickly. I think you've come up with a great idea, now get cracking. Well, maybe leave it until Christmas itself is out of the way, cut your self some slack. Just make a note of what you are going to do with the card because if you're anything like me you can have a great idea at night and have forgotten what it was by the next day.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yay! A fellow sufferer. One card can take three weeks for me..mostly in the design and the trip to the bin.... so am not a mass producer..... family and close friends.... takes me all year!

I have a very large spiral bound book with a couple of pages marked for everybody. There I note down ideas as they occur to me and record what and when I have sent them. It has saved me so much hassle.

I had a thought yesterday evening. I have made a couple of 'landmark' cards of late using Angela Poole's Magic Windows Slide and Reveal die set. You may well be familiar with it. It changes from one image to another by sliding around the contents of a circle. In the two I did, the first image was of the subject as a youngster and that changed into a recent picture of them. I thought I could combine both birthday and retirement by using an early photograph morphing into her retirement picture. Maybe a bit more writing inside. The advantage is that I am already familiar with the process but would have to start the waterfall from scratch. Am not good at 'instructions'. Also since the 'window' is such a huge part of the card, the design element is somewhat reduced although the little there is, I find a bit tricky.

Thank you for focussing the mind. I needed that . I am mostly focussed on Christmas day and guests but I knew I needed to sort something out in my head re the card.

Have a lovely Christmas.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi Robyn.
    Hope you get the cards done to your satisfaction.
    Susie says she takes ages to get a card done, but believe me,
    when it’s done it’s perfection I don’t know how she does it !!!
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That was a lovely thing to write …..and so true.