Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Upgrading Cameo

Just Beginning
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Upgrading Cameo

I'm still using a Cameo 1, having upgraded many years ago from the Craft Robo.
    Can I just ask, what are the advantages of the 3 or 4 over my good old faithful cameo 1

Thank you

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    This is for the Cameo 4 https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/sh...CAMEO-4-WHT-4T . You might find the Cameo 3 specifications if you Google for it

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch6824 View Post
    I'm still using a Cameo 1, having upgraded many years ago from the Craft Robo.
    Can I just ask, what are the advantages of the 3 or 4 over my good old faithful cameo 1

Thank you
    Mitch I upgraded from a Robo to the original Cameo, then 3 years ago to the Cameo 3 and presently waiting for a Cameo 4 to be delivered. For me the advantage of the Cameo 3 was the dual tool carriage, clearance under the rollers of 2mm and I found it cut cleaner with the auto blade. Also clearer marking each side for the cutting mat. Only one disadvantage, it is wider and longer but does have some tool storage for blades and tools.

I still love my Cameo 3, so why go for the Cameo 4? Mainly for extra force when using the second tool holder on the carriage and a 3mm clearance under rollers so can cut thicker materials. I also like the roll away lid. The Cameo 3 has a large hinged lid. Silhouette have brought out two new Kraft blades, one 2mm depth for most Silhouette machines the other 3mm which is only for the Cameo 4. Hochanda earlier this week had a great off of 20% off for new customers which made it slightly cheaper than my original Cameo and my Cameo 3.