Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)

Auto Blade cutting straight through vinyl - advice please

Good morning

I've never had a problem with the Autoblade or cutting vinyl before so I'm wondering if something has happened to my AutoBlade.

All of the cut settings are correct : Vinyl Glossy, - Cut - AutoBlade also set to cut without a mat.

And I'm using the same blade and vinyl as I've used many times before.

I went to cut something last night and it was cutting through the Vinyl and it's backing.

I even tried to manually change the cut settings so that less force was used.

I've unscrewed the bottom of the blade case as advised on the silhouette troubleshooting page and there is nothing obstructing the blade.

However, when it has finished the cut the actual blade is on 10, which would mean that its too deep for vinyl. I can adjust the blade depth manually using the hole thingi provided on the machine quite easily so doesn't appear to me sticking.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or is my blade (which is the original one that came with the machine and is still sharp) ready for the bin?

Any help welcomed please.
    Thank you

View Gallery

All working fine now thankfully.

I tried a new blade and all sorts but nothing worked. The cameo was automatically adjusting the Autoblade to 10 regardless of any settings I tried.

Had my email typed out to Silhouette for help and then I thought I'd try one last thing......closing the software down and switching off the machine.

I couldn't believe it! The old switch it off and on again worked

Wasted lots of vinyl, but at least it is working again now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Glad you've got it sorted. I don't know anything about the autoblade because I still have the original Cameo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Scrappy Mad glad you have sorted it.

I had problems with my first auto blades. It would not change from 10 and I sent it to Brian at Graphtec. He took it apart and there was card debris in the spring stopping it from moving away from 10. Other than taking the whole thing apart nothing can be done. There is an old thread about it on the forum.

It has happened with the auto blade I am using at the moment. So I turn it upside down and manually gently click on the round plastic on the bottom to move it to the number I want and in the send window change the setting to ratchet blade. I can put more pressure on the spring than my machine can to move the numbers.

View Gallery

Hi DJG and Neries
    The autoblade had been an amazing tool to have...until it didn't work. But I'm very thankful that it works again now!
    I didn't think about changing the setting to the ratchet blade, that's a very good idea and may help someone who has the same problem.
    It's fiddly but you can unscrew the very bottom later on the autoBlade to check for debris, I managed to do it with my fingers but supposedly there was a tool that came with the machine to help you open it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    The tool is in the small compartment of the pull out tray with the vinyl cutter. It is the plastic piece with the two different shaped holes. I found it hard to use and a pair of craft tweezers was much easier.