Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Cameo 4 on TV

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Cameo 4 on TV

If anyone is interested Hochanda have the Cameo 4 on today at midday according to their TV schedule. Anybody who is new to Hochanda gets 20% off if they use code HOCHTV20 at the checkout it says on the website so quite a saving.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the heads up Sue - I will record to watch later (even though I shan't buy, it's always good to know what's out there!)
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

I won't be buying either Sylvia but as you say, it's nice to know what is out there!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thanks Sue I may watch on rewind although I'm not in the market for a new machine

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    If anyone is interested Hochanda have the Cameo 4 on today at midday according to their TV schedule. Anybody who is new to Hochanda gets 20% off if they use code HOCHTV20 at the checkout it says on the website so quite a saving.
    Sue that looks very tempting with the 20% off, but I am now unsure if I really want one with the negatives for me out weighing the positives. The biggest negative is the dual carriage only taking new tools in the second holder. With my Cameo 3 I keep a cutting blade in holder 1 and a foil quill in holder 2. Also with the metal mat for the quill the magnets catch underneath as the mat goes through on the Cameo 4. If the Cameo 4 could emboss then I would consider buying and selling my Curio.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Thanks Sue I may watch on rewind although I'm not in the market for a new machine
    Me either Doreen, but I like to keep an eye on developments!

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Sue that looks very tempting with the 20% off, but I am now unsure if I really want one with the negatives for me out weighing the positives. The biggest negative is the dual carriage only taking new tools in the second holder. With my Cameo 3 I keep a cutting blade in holder 1 and a foil quill in holder 2. Also with the metal mat for the quill the magnets catch underneath as the mat goes through on the Cameo 4. If the Cameo 4 could emboss then I would consider buying and selling my Curio.
    I only have a Cameo 2 at the minute but it does everything that I currently do. I love my foil quill and can't use the magnetic mat with the Cameo 2 either unfortunately which is a pity, as I think it would be much easier than using tape every time!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    If the reason the magnetic mat can't be used with the Cameo 2 and 4 is because it won't go under the rollers try what I've done albeit with a different machine buy a thin (mine is 0.4mm) black magnetic sheet used ofr storing dies and cut it into strips

View Gallery

Ok I am officially 'bonkers'!!!!

I watched the show on their 'rewind', thought about it long and hard after Lisa mentioned the new craft blade. Checked Graphtec's web site and there are two different sizes, a 2mm (for Cameo 1, 2, 3, 4, & Portrait) and a 3mm (Cameo 4 only) both a pack of two for £13.99. Talked it over with hubby who offered me Christmas money towards the Cameo 4. So around 8pm I put my order in for the bundle and got the 20% off. Also added the 2mm craft blade as the bundle included the 3mm and only one p&p of £2.99. So I hope the details of the bundle are not wrong and it is the 2mm craft blade which is included as Graphtec are showing 3mm out of stock.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi all and seasons greetings to you. I watched the programme on Hochanda yesterday and I have to say that, whilst Lisa did a great job of demonstrating it, only giving her an hour really did restrict what she could show. I am comforted to see that you good ladies feel, as I do myself, that the Cam4 is a bit of a Marmite cutter - you will either love it or hate it. I said a while ago that I thought a real newbie might struggle a bit with all the new blades and the way the carriage works, but now I wonder if it is the likes of crafters like us, who have been using the older models for a good few years, who will find it hard to get used to; and I'm with Neries all the way on the layout and use of the blade holders. I just wonder if Silhouette have made it more difficult than a lot of crafters want or need. The strong emphasis on cutting felt does nothing for me personally (and I have just made 12 felt figurines and birds, all cut and stitched by hand, to put on a Christmas wreath) and would not encourage me to buy the CAM4. In fact I have a brand new Cam3 sitting waiting for Christmas and I chose it over the 4. I have moaned for years that the Cameo models needed more downforce but I think that 5kg is a tad OTT - I know there are some cutters out there that have 4kg but their cutting style is more conventional and what we understand (and I have a Pazzles that I have had for years although it isn't much used these days). I am looking forward to getting used to my new cutter but I won't get rid of my Cam2 just in case.

Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    If the reason the magnetic mat can't be used with the Cameo 2 and 4 is because it won't go under the rollers try what I've done albeit with a different machine buy a thin (mine is 0.4mm) black magnetic sheet used ofr storing dies and cut it into strips
    What a brilliant idea Doreen, I think I will give that a go! Thank you!

Ok I am officially 'bonkers'!!!!

I watched the show on their 'rewind', thought about it long and hard after Lisa mentioned the new craft blade. Checked Graphtec's web site and there are two different sizes, a 2mm (for Cameo 1, 2, 3, 4, & Portrait) and a 3mm (Cameo 4 only) both a pack of two for £13.99. Talked it over with hubby who offered me Christmas money towards the Cameo 4. So around 8pm I put my order in for the bundle and got the 20% off. Also added the 2mm craft blade as the bundle included the 3mm and only one p&p of £2.99. So I hope the details of the bundle are not wrong and it is the 2mm craft blade which is included as Graphtec are showing 3mm out of stock.
    That sounds like a fantastic deal to me! You should have it before Christmas I think I heard them say as well, so make sure you make plenty of room to play! You can also use all of the blades that you already have so a bonus. I dare say that in time, the blades will be available again if they are out of stock at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Hi all and seasons greetings to you. I watched the programme on Hochanda yesterday and I have to say that, whilst Lisa did a great job of demonstrating it, only giving her an hour really did restrict what she could show. I am comforted to see that you good ladies feel, as I do myself, that the Cam4 is a bit of a Marmite cutter - you will either love it or hate it. I said a while ago that I thought a real newbie might struggle a bit with all the new blades and the way the carriage works, but now I wonder if it is the likes of crafters like us, who have been using the older models for a good few years, who will find it hard to get used to; and I'm with Neries all the way on the layout and use of the blade holders. I just wonder if Silhouette have made it more difficult than a lot of crafters want or need. The strong emphasis on cutting felt does nothing for me personally (and I have just made 12 felt figurines and birds, all cut and stitched by hand, to put on a Christmas wreath) and would not encourage me to buy the CAM4. In fact I have a brand new Cam3 sitting waiting for Christmas and I chose it over the 4. I have moaned for years that the Cameo models needed more downforce but I think that 5kg is a tad OTT - I know there are some cutters out there that have 4kg but their cutting style is more conventional and what we understand (and I have a Pazzles that I have had for years although it isn't much used these days). I am looking forward to getting used to my new cutter but I won't get rid of my Cam2 just in case.

Andi
    I agree, an hour is never long enough to demonstrate all that the machine can do! I think that new models of any gadget nowadays have more in them than we will ever use. We all want things to be multi purpose and capable of a million different things. Technology is moving so fast that we need new models to keep us all challenged!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    That sounds like a fantastic deal to me! You should have it before Christmas I think I heard them say as well, so make sure you make plenty of room to play! You can also use all of the blades that you already have so a bonus. I dare say that in time, the blades will be available again if they are out of stock at the minute.
    Sue if the 20% deal had not been on I don't think I would have even looked at the video. I have taken screen shots of the photo showing all in the bundle. Unfortunately not all of the older Silhouette blades work in a Cameo 4 as the Cameo 3 auto cutting blade won't and I have three still in their packaging.

I should have added a replacement Cameo 4 Auto Cutting Blade but did not think about it until after. Then today had an email from Hochanda offering 10% off my next order, so I ordered 2 for the Cameo 4.

Checking Graphtec's web site the Kraft Blade (American spelling on the packaging) is now showing in stock and as I thought checking yesterday fits the second tool holder so has the greater force. My main reason for buying the Cameo 4.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Neries; 17-12-2019 at 06:20 PM.

View Gallery

Sue if the 20% deal had not been on I don't think I would have even looked at the video. I have taken screen shots of the photo showing all in the bundle. Unfortunately not all of the older Silhouette blades work in a Cameo 4 as the Cameo 3 auto cutting blade won't and I have three still in their packaging.

I should have added a replacement Cameo 4 Auto Cutting Blade but did not think about it until after. Then today had an email from Hochanda offering 10% off my next order, so I ordered 2 for the Cameo 4.

Checking Graphtec's web site the Kraft Blade (American spelling on the packaging) is now showing in stock and as I thought checking yesterday fits the second tool holder so has the greater force. My main reason for buying the Cameo 4.
    It sounds like you are all sorted now. It gets confusing with all of the different blades needed for different machines and materials, but once you have started playing with the machine it will probably all become clear! Look forward to hearing what you think of it once it arrives.