Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UKS in 2020

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

UKS in 2020

Hello all!

This is the now annual post asking for feedback on UKS and its viability into 2020.

We have a small number of sponsors who have stuck with us and for that, every member who still values UKS and the community here should be very grateful! Without them, the windows would be shuttered and the doors would close for good.

In addition, I think those of you who are here most days will also know that without Scrapdolly and Miniowner UKS would be much less active! Their efforts have been amazing, with so many new challenges and fun prompts to give you all the kick you need to keep scrapping. They have both expressed willingness to carry on in 2020.

As it has been for the past few years, UKS carrying on is dependent on enough sponsors to cover the very minimal costs of running the site. Those costs have been pared to the bone. Between the current sponsors, a small number of donations by members, and the small ad revenue from clicks, it should be enough.

I will soon send out a request to sponsors to see if they will stick with us for another year. If not, expect instead a countdown to closure. I will hope to give you at least a month to retrieve anything from the site you want to save, but cannot guarantee anything past 31st Dec.

So feel free to post and have your say - do you want UKS to stay open? If you shop with a sponsor, please let them know their support of UKS matters to you and you thank them for it.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Just want to say thanks MaryAnne for keeping UKS open also to Scrapdolly and Miniowner for their work in creating challenges on a regular basis. Would really miss UKS if it were to close so hoping the sponsors stick with us for another year.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Fingers crossed for another year. My grateful thanks to you, Mary Anne, as well as Sue and Karen as always.
    I would hate to see UKS go.
    I have been doing my best to support the sponsors and will continue to do so

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I too want to add my grateful thanks to everyone I love UKS and really want it to remain. I’m on every day, do nearly all the challenges and find that they keep me scrapping
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

I would like to say a huge Thank you to MaryAnne, Karen and Sue for keeping the challenges coming and giving us all inspiration. Thanks also to the sponsors and I hope they will stay with us. I would hate to see UKS close, I have made so many lovely friends on here and would miss it terribly if it closed down.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I reiterated what everyone else has said.
    Hope the sponsors stay with us, and thanks to everyone who keep UKS going.
    I would miss it a lot.
    Ellie

You're never too old to try something new ;) TinkerHamilton's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I would be so sad to see UKS go. It’s been a huge part of my scrapping life for 10 years or more and I have made life long friends through it. I always try to support the sponsors and am so grateful to your continued efforts MaryAnne. Thank you too to Karen and Sue for all of your efforts in keeping us motivated.

Just putting it out there, I would be happy to pay an annual subscription to keep us going.

Tink
    Member of the Scrappycats

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Would like to add my thanks to MaryAnne, Karen and Sue for continuing to make UKS my go to place for scrapping, chatting and making friends. Thanks also to the sponsors who keep UKS afloat too. Like Tink I'd be happy to pay an annual subscription.
    Member of Scrap That

View Gallery

I to would like to thank MaryAnn, Karen and Sue for all they do on this super site. I would miss it very much and hope the sponsors will stay with us for another year. I would be happy to pay an annual subscription to keep us going. Everyone is so friendly and supportive.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Oh I do hope we will be able to continue into next year. UKS has been a wonderful part of my life for so long now, even when mojo deserted me or life got in the way, I was always welcomed back, and inspired to get scrapping again. Thank you for everything and fingers crossed for next year xxx
    Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I can't believe how quickly this has come round again. A big "Thank You" for all you do to keep the site running and I would also be happy to pay an annual subscription. Another "Thank You" to the sponsors also for sticking with us; this is like a lifeline for lots of us I think and we have such a wonderful community spirit it would be devastating to see UKS close.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Big thanks to Charmed Cards & Crafts and Country View Crafts for their prompt and affirmative replies!

I'll update when/if more replies come in.....

An annual subscription, while lovely there are those who believe UKS is worth supporting in that way, is likely to be unfair in the end. There is no way everyone who uses UKS will want to pay so we end up with SOME paying and others not. And there would need to be more than 400 people willing to pay.

But it is an interesting idea. And for those who want to the donation button is a way to reduce the amount needed via sponsorship. Between that and ad clicks it all lowers the actual sponsorship total required. And obviously if in the end it were not possible to carry on, I should be able to reject a donation and return it if UKS were to close anyway.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanks MaryAnne for all you do , and to sue and karen too. UKS is part of daily life, I would hate to see it go.
    I’m happy to send a donation again, is it best to do it now, or wait a little while ?
    Thanks too to our sponsors, I due for a little shopping spree
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Same question from me MaryAnne. Pay up now or wait?

Oh Alison, a touch of enabling going on there methinks.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Thank you MaryAnne for keeping the site going and thanks to Karen and Sue for all the challenges and work you put in.
    I always look at sponsors sites first when planning a purchase
    I would love for the site to continue