Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cameo 3 software problem

Hi, I've just taken delivery of a Silhouette Cameo 3 after my original Cameo died. I've downloaded the latest software from the Silhouette America website but it crashes every time I try to open it. I've deleted the file that the troubleshooting advice told me to but it's had no effect.

Does anyone know what to do about this please? I've written to Silhouette America and am awaiting a reply. I use the machine for my business so I need to fix this asap and having a bit of a panic right now!

Many thanks

Bex x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    If a previous version was working I would go back to that for the time being

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by bexhc View Post
    Hi, I've just taken delivery of a Silhouette Cameo 3 after my original Cameo died. I've downloaded the latest software from the Silhouette America website but it crashes every time I try to open it. I've deleted the file that the troubleshooting advice told me to but it's had no effect.

Does anyone know what to do about this please? I've written to Silhouette America and am awaiting a reply. I use the machine for my business so I need to fix this asap and having a bit of a panic right now!

Many thanks

Bex x
    As Doreen suggest go back to a previous version. You do have to uninstall and reinstall. When I do that I reboot my computer after uninstalling. There are 'legacy' versions to download on Silhouette software site. I found the last V4.2.471 worked well with my Cameo 3. The recent 4.3 versions don't support 32bit scanners although supposed to be more for 64bit computers and has been rushed out for for the new Cameo 4.

There have been a couple of 'firmware' upgrades to the Cameo 3. If you switch on your Cameo and touch the small cog in right hand corner. Then touch the up arrow and then 'firmware'. It will tell you which version you have. V1.60 is the latest.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Margaret I don't know if it will help with your scanner problem but the latest beta update is for either 32 bit or 64 bit. I don't remember having a choice before

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Margaret I don't know if it will help with your scanner problem but the latest beta update is for either 32 bit or 64 bit. I don't remember having a choice before
    Thanks Doreen, I did not know they had introduced a 32-Bit version. My p.c. is Windows 10 64-Bit so not sure if going to 32-Bit means I lose out on faster processing. Saving sketch filled files is a lot quicker in the latest 64-bit version.

I noticed that the latest version of Studio is no longer showing a 32-Bit version only the Beta.
    Last edited by Neries; 25-10-2019 at 10:04 PM.

View Gallery

Well I tried the 32-Bit version and yes it recognised my scanner but took for ever to try and send a filled sketch file to my Cameo and then it went wrong. It did not pause even though the Cameo screen said it had and I could unload the mat. So gave up and installed the 64-Bit version.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Well I tried the 32-Bit version and yes it recognised my scanner but took for ever to try and send a filled sketch file to my Cameo and then it went wrong. It did not pause even though the Cameo screen said it had and I could unload the mat. So gave up and installed the 64-Bit version.
    They are definitely working on sorting out the 64 bit Margaret but can’t say when it will be ready unfortunately.