Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Ordered Cameo 4

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Ordered Cameo 4

Well i took the plunge and ordered up the Cameo 4, now waiting very impatiently for the rotary blade.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hope you will let us know how you get on with it

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    We'd all be interested to know what you think of the new machine, once you have had the chance to familiarise yourself with it
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

No problem i will let you know x

View Gallery

Well machine has arrived. It is big, bigger than expected. No instructions, help, quick start guide nothing. Not very handy if someone new to a Cameo. Never used a self adjusting blade so a lot to learn.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

There's a user guide on line at Silhouette https://www.silhcdn.com/m/d/user-guides/cameo-4-en.pdf, plus stuff on YouTube, so there is already help out there. I for one will be really interested in what you think of it, although I think I am right in saying you won't be able to try out the extra cutting force because there are no tools available yet to take advantage of that facility. Plus I read on Sil School blog that the kraft knife only works in carriage 1. I suspect there will be new blades next year just for the Cam4 but until then it is a bit like a dog on a lead. Hope you have fun with it.

Andi

View Gallery

Hi
    I eventually found a online manual but I feel that you shouldn't have to search for it, nothing mentioned inside the box about it but I think even a quick start guide would have been nice. Just wanted to get my honest feedback out there.

The other blades should be out in November.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

At the end of the online user manual I mentioned it does say this: "View the complete, illustrated User’s Manual within Silhouette Studio® by clicking Help > User’s Manual" - I'd forgotten there has always been one within the software!. Plus this also: "Visit the tutorials section of SilhouetteAmerica.com for help with specific features and step-by-step instructions on how to cut different media types with the Silhouette Cameo®" and it mentions the blog and the newsletter too. It does say you can call Customer Service, but as they are in the States that isn't such a good option for us, so Graphtec is my goto if I am having issues. I do understand what you mean though, about no instructions in the box, I guess it is one less thing to misplace if it is online.

Andi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Enjoy your new machine. i have silhouette 3 not sure how install it so i am still using the silhouette2.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    Enjoy your new machine. i have silhouette 3 not sure how install it so i am still using the silhouette2.
    Just plug it in, attach the USB cable and your pc should recognize it. If you're using a C2 you already have the software installed so just choose which machine to use in the send panel.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

So how is the new machine going? I have an acquaintance who has bought the 4 and she is having so many problems with it - she's a seasoned Silhouette user and also has the 3 but basically they're telling her it's user error, which is so frustrating. The machine won't cut decently, the rotary blade which the distributor sent her as a 'sorry you're having problems, but noone else is' thing, cuts all over the place, while cutting the blade acquires so much force it actually raises the carriage, the bladegets stuck in the left hand side of the machine and whirs away endlessly, and she's sent endless videos to Silhouette America . If her cameo 3 works perfectly why should problems with the Cameo 4 not working be her fault?

View Gallery

Mine is out the box but waiting for a rotary blade.
    My daughter has been using hers but it does a lot of crazy stuff, i think there are major issues with the software.