Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just noticed

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

Just noticed

there are 175 viewing this section Can't remember when we last had so many.... wonder if it's because of the new Cameo. Gone up to 182 now. It would be nice if more joined in
    Last edited by DJG; 19-10-2019 at 03:57 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I think that the new Cameo is probably the reason Doreen. It's a lot of money to spend on a machine if people don't know exactly how it works or what it can do and I think they are doing their research first. It is a pity the forum isn't more lively nowadays. I think the dreaded enemy Facebook has a lot to answer for.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I agree Doreen, it’s a shame more don’t join in.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    I think that the new Cameo is probably the reason Doreen. It's a lot of money to spend on a machine if people don't know exactly how it works or what it can do and I think they are doing their research first. It is a pity the forum isn't more lively nowadays. I think the dreaded enemy Facebook has a lot to answer for.
    Yes that's probably the reason. I always said I wouldn't go on Facebook but there are so many groups with useful information (which is what there was on here at one time) Sue

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

There could be a renaissance if more people start to move away from social media; the problem is so many only use a smartphone or tablet and apps, which can limit how much they are prepared to search for forums like this one, plus a lot of people who still use this system also have access to sm. I saw something today that seemed to suggest a Silhouette group on Yahoo, that I follow because it can have useful information (Kay from Clever Someday posts on it sometimes and helps people with Studio problems), is going to close. It's the first I've heard of it and I get all posts from it in my mail account, but the way it was written made it seem that it was well known. I expect that post-Christmas postings will escalate. I do have to say, and this is just my opinion and not really a criticism as such, I am saddened when someone comes on here in panic - often as a first time post - asks for help, gets it and then disappears without any feedback on whether you have actually helped or not. It would be useful for others who are experiencing the same problems, and give back to the person/people who has/have taken the trouble to try to assist. Thank you costs nothing as my Nanna taught me so many years ago

Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    There could be a renaissance if more people start to move away from social media; the problem is so many only use a smartphone or tablet and apps, which can limit how much they are prepared to search for forums like this one, plus a lot of people who still use this system also have access to sm. I saw something today that seemed to suggest a Silhouette group on Yahoo, that I follow because it can have useful information (Kay from Clever Someday posts on it sometimes and helps people with Studio problems), is going to close. It's the first I've heard of it and I get all posts from it in my mail account, but the way it was written made it seem that it was well known. I expect that post-Christmas postings will escalate. I do have to say, and this is just my opinion and not really a criticism as such, I am saddened when someone comes on here in panic - often as a first time post - asks for help, gets it and then disappears without any feedback on whether you have actually helped or not. It would be useful for others who are experiencing the same problems, and give back to the person/people who has/have taken the trouble to try to assist. Thank you costs nothing as my Nanna taught me so many years ago

Andi
    Kay is or was a member of Silhouette group on Facebook she is very knowledgeable about the machine. I agree with you about being asked for help and quite often not knowing if you have been. A thank you for taking the time to answer even if you haven't helped doesn't cost anything but it seems to happen everywhere these days sadly

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Busy, busy, busy Doreen, no one has time for courtesy any more.. I really am getting old I think; but I will continue to "do it right" whenever I can. I wasn't trying to put off first time posters or saying I won't help, just asking if they could at least come back to say "Great, it worked" or even "No, it's just the same but thanks anyway". I guess if it has worked all they want to do is get on with cutting stuff and I can relate to that.

Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Busy, busy, busy Doreen, no one has time for courtesy any more.. I really am getting old I think; but I will continue to "do it right" whenever I can. I wasn't trying to put off first time posters or saying I won't help, just asking if they could at least come back to say "Great, it worked" or even "No, it's just the same but thanks anyway". I guess if it has worked all they want to do is get on with cutting stuff and I can relate to that.

Andi
    If we knew they had been helped it might help someone else ......at least that's the way I look at it Andi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Totally agree with everything that's been written here. I always check the postings at least twice a day and apart from a stalwart few who post there's not a lot going on. Thinking back, it used to be buzzing but very quiet now. I've stopped posting templates becaue it's a bit disheartening that no-one bothers with them. I'll still continue to check in every day though!
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    Totally agree with everything that's been written here. I always check the postings at least twice a day and apart from a stalwart few who post there's not a lot going on. Thinking back, it used to be buzzing but very quiet now. I've stopped posting templates becaue it's a bit disheartening that no-one bothers with them. I'll still continue to check in every day though!
    I've stopped posting templates for the same reason Sylvia but I still do try to make a point of checking the forum most days.

View Gallery

I agree with you Sylvia and Shirley re the templates. Most just come for help they don't seem to interact at all. I check in here several times a day too

View Gallery

Well I for one apologise for not coming on as much, after a bad experience with FB I stopped all chat, but I have slowly and occasionally came back here, but I do have to say that this forum has always been friendly and helpful, but as the person was also on here, that was why I disappeared for a good while
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

No apology needed Grace I'm just surprised more people don't interact considering there are quite a few viewing at times. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience that's enough to put anyone off

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Strange but as I said before look at our joining dates -- we're the originals, ladies ...oldies( not age wise!!) but goodies!!!. I remember when we were on most days - trying out new ideas, helping each other, answering cries for help when someone thought that buying a machine on saturday would mean that she'd have made her friends wedding favours by Monday evening!! When tracing was done by hand, we were able to cut from Word, had our free designs stolen and sold on e-thingy ( and some of mine were quite cringeworthy!!), discovered Inscape and the power of object to path/ Path Union and we were truly a community who gave answers and found solutions and were ( mostly) nice to each other while doing it. There was a real sense of pride and achievement . For me then other work and life got in the way and so spent very little time on any forum anywhere. Have a deep dislike and distrust of Facebook so know I'm missing out on some things but hey ho that's life. I worked with another site for many years and put out loads of free files but in the end we stopped as ..again .. found them for sale on CDs and people logged in downloaded as much as possible and then never bothered with even a basic thanks . I much prefer to teach someone how to do something than give/make them a file so stopped any form of sharing. Sometimes I think it's a question of roots - my roots are here and they always will be - I learnt so much from so many talented ladies and have always been grateful that I was able to give back by teaching and helping wherever possible. Sometimes it's just nice to come home for a visit even if it's not very often.

View Gallery

Well said Susibi