Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

New beta update V4.3.247

https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software

Fixes

Studio no longer, under certain circumstances, creates a default custom material without user input
    Craft blade renamed to Kraft blade
    Documents with reg-marks and no cutting mat no longer crash when opened
    CAMEO4 Tool 1 Tab is now auto-created for custom materials
    Matless cutting now works when set to 'Auto'
    Matless cutting now defaults to ‘Auto’
    CAMEO 4 slides added to the introduction slideshow
    Improved visibility of the Tool 1 and 2 icons
    Length sliders have been renamed
    Crash no longer occurs when deleting a custom material that has CAMEO 4 Tool 2 settings
    CE LITE added to machine selection

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Just a word of warning to check your settings with the Cameo 3 as it seems to be defaulting to Ratchet Blade rather than Autoblade as the standard tool in the Send Panel so check before you cut if you are used to using the Autoblade.

View Gallery

Mine is the original Cameo but I'm sure those with the Cameo 3 will appreciate your post Shirley

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Mine is the original Cameo but I'm sure those with the Cameo 3 will appreciate your post Shirley
    I am hesitating about the new C4 Doreen. Some of the beta group who are tutors are already testing them and I am getting confused about the auto detect blade and cutting without a mat plus I also like to work with the auto blade in tool 1 and the pen in tool 2 but apparently this won’t be possible with the C4 as the pen can’t be used in tool 2. I think I will wait for more feedback before I take the plunge !!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I am hesitating about the new C4 Doreen. Some of the beta group who are tutors are already testing them and I am getting confused about the auto detect blade and cutting without a mat plus I also like to work with the auto blade in tool 1 and the pen in tool 2 but apparently this won’t be possible with the C4 as the pen can’t be used in tool 2. I think I will wait for more feedback before I take the plunge !!
    Re feedback that's a good idea Shirley to be honest I don't think I will be buying it even if my original Cameo stops working

View Gallery

Upate - they have just released another open Beta SS 4.3.250 Doreen, so that might have resolved the problem, haven't had time to check out yet. They also say " Please continue to expect regular updates in the run-up to the CAMEO 4-compatible release."

View Gallery

Upate - they have just released another open Beta SS 4.3.250 Doreen, so that might have resolved the problem, haven't had time to check out yet. They also say " Please continue to expect regular updates in the run-up to the CAMEO 4-compatible release."
    Thank you Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Shirely it is like buses, you wait for a while and they all come at once!!!! I installed yesterdays Beta but Studio still can't find my scanner. I emailed Silhouette support again on the weekend and their reply sent me a link to fill in a Beat Feedback form and told me to stay with V4.2471.

Also received an email from Silhouette UK (Graphtec) saying they are taking advanced orders on the Cameo 4 but at £349.99 I won't be rushing in to buy as much as I would love one.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirely it is like buses, you wait for a while and they all come at once!!!! I installed yesterdays Beta but Studio still can't find my scanner. I emailed Silhouette support again on the weekend and their reply sent me a link to fill in a Beat Feedback form and told me to stay with V4.2471.

Also received an email from Silhouette UK (Graphtec) saying they are taking advanced orders on the Cameo 4 but at £349.99 I won't be rushing in to buy as much as I would love one.
    I got that email too Neries but I’m not rushing either, I am going to wait for more feedback from people in the Beta Testing group who already have one. My scanner isn’t recognised either and I have reported it to the group as have others testers - out of interest is yours an all in one printer and scanner, mine is a Cannon Pixma. I get round it by scanning in to Photoshop, saving as a jpeg then opening that in Studio, not ideal but at least that works.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I got that email too Neries but I’m not rushing either, I am going to wait for more feedback from people in the Beta Testing group who already have one. My scanner isn’t recognised either and I have reported it to the group as have others testers - out of interest is yours an all in one printer and scanner, mine is a Cannon Pixma. I get round it by scanning in to Photoshop, saving as a jpeg then opening that in Studio, not ideal but at least that works.
    I have exactly the same problem with my scanner as well and yes, mine is an all in one! It's a Canon Pixma MG5350. I am using the Beta software if that makes a difference. When I am using my Pixscan mat I get round it by using my phone, that works a treat.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Shirley and Sue, yes mine is a Canon all in one too. A Pixma MG5750.

Shirley thanks, I had forgotten I use to scan to my computer and open the file in Studio before they introduced scanning directly into Studio.

Sue I had the MG5350 and loved it but it came up with an error code and would not work about 18 months ago. Searched the internet and lots with the same problem but no fix for it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post

Sue I had the MG5350 and loved it but it came up with an error code and would not work about 18 months ago. Searched the internet and lots with the same problem but no fix for it.
    I love my MG5350, it is the only printer that has ever taken every card that I can throw at it including Centura Pearl in the back feeder! I dread it breaking down but have had it a long time and know I must be on borrowed time with it.