Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Frustration!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Frustration!!

So I just invested in the foil quill tools (I cannot justify a Minc as I'd have had to also buy a laser printer and just have no space for it), this seemed like a fantastic addition. Finally got around to have a go this week and my computer and Silhouette Cameo no longer talk to each other. I wondered (after reading a discussion on here) if I've fallen foul of that recent Windows update. But oddly it's working intermittently.... So....trying to find a workaround and was able to try out a foiled design and a cut file via the SD card. Limitations, but at least I could do some basic bits and pieces. Now that has packed up! The machine will no longer let me access the card.

Tried again from the computer and it's currently working (for how long I don't know) but the software is playing up and wont let me choose what cut option (as in no cut, cut or cut edge) I want when I send to silhouette. I recently did an update and then also upgraded to Designed Edition and honestly it's like I've started over again.

Sorry for the rant, but it's very frustrating! If anyone has some bright ideas as to why its connecting sometimes and not others, do let me know! I tend to use the machine most in the run up to Christmas and I don't think the budget will stretch to a new machine at the moment.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Which version of Studio are you using? Have you tried uninstalling Studio, restarting your computer, then downloading a fresh copy of Studio from Silhouette America and then reinstalling.

I have done that a few times when my Cameo and computer don't play nicely together. I have also gone back to a previous version.