Quote Originally Posted by pkcase View Post
Thank you for the updated information. If I read this correctly- SIlhouette will no longer support Windows 10 or above-
so why bother and buy any of their machines or software?

Does anyone know of a good cutting machine that is supported by the maker? I need to get my information correct before I tell folks on FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, Wordpress and my other social media to stop buying GraphTec or Silhouette and also recommend what new brand they should buy.
No you have misunderstood Pertrina. Silhouette will definitely support Windows 10 it is just that the latest Windows update does not support usb 1 connections (which is what the older Cameo 1, Portrait 1 and SD have) if connecting via usb 3 - which means these older machines may not work if they are plugged in to a usb 3 port on your computer . Later models are not affected and the older models may be able to connect if your PC has a usb 2 port. This problem is caused by Windows NOT Silhouette and can affect other usb 1 devices such as printers, scanners etc so it is not just isolated to Silhouette products. It may be that Microsoft themselves will issue a fix although it is probably a case of Microsoft trying to force everyone to update hardware as usb 1 is many years old.