Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
I have recently been completely unable to cut as the machine.... Silhouette Cameo1 Designer... shows as being unconnected.

Going through the troubleshoot, I found under devices that the USB support was showing that the PnP driver code 10 was at fault.
That's sounds a bit knowledgeable but I haven't a clue really.
Has anyone else had this fault ? If so, what to do?
Silhouette America are being rather slow to respond.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried a different USB cable (incorrectly referred to as a USB printer lead) and in a different USB port? The blue coloured USB ports are USB 3.0 (which also supports USB 2.0 and USB 1.0).

In the Device Manger, does it say ‘Unknown Device’ (with the machine turned on it should say ‘USB Printing Support’)? See the section “Testing Hardware Connection” https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/pr...not-connect-pc

I’ve tried a Silhouette Portrait on Windows 10 1903, in a USB 3.0 port, and with Silhouette Studio V4.2.471, and not surprisingly it worked okay. The statement says ‘from the 1st August’, and that release and the latest Beta release are before that date.

The statement from Silhouette America is confusing. Those machines listed act like they are a USB printer, and uses Microsoft’s default USB Printing Support Driver (the version loaded with my Portrait plugged in is from 2006)!

USB 1.0 can be classed as a low speed (1.5 Mbit/s) or full speed (12 Mbit/s), depending on what device is connected. USB printers, USB keyboards, and USB mice, and others are all USB 1.0 devices. Microsoft is NOT going to stop supporting USB 1.0 anytime soon!

Is it just a coincidence that the new Silhouette Cameo 4 is about to be released?

Ian