Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Plug and play driver

I have recently been completely unable to cut as the machine.... Silhouette Cameo1 Designer... shows as being unconnected.

Going through the troubleshoot, I found under devices that the USB support was showing that the PnP driver code 10 was at fault.
    That's sounds a bit knowledgeable but I haven't a clue really.
    Has anyone else had this fault ? If so, what to do?
    Silhouette America are being rather slow to respond.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Have you tried updating the driver, you can find instructions here https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/pr...not-connect-pc . You need to scroll to the 7th paragraph down - Updating the USB Printing Support Driver.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you so much for responding.

That looks like a familiar process but the actual set out of the page doesn't so I shall have a go later.

Meanwhile I have heard from Silhouette that they no longer support Cameo 1 From the beginning of this month! What do I do? Throw it in the dustbin?

Thanks again. Shall let you know what happens given your instructions.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes....I have gone through these steps. There must be something wrong with the driver itself.

Many thanks Shirley Anne. It could have been just the ticket!

View Gallery

You could always call Graphtec GB to see if they can help as they are the UK distributors and are very helpful - tel 01978 666700

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have done so once when I couldn't define the problem. Shall try again.

Thanks.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    I have done so once when I couldn't define the problem. Shall try again.

Thanks.
    I have had the same problem for about a year now. I can get it to work by doing one or all of the following:
    - Make sure I am connected to the Internet before I turn on the machine.
    - Open the program before I turn on the machine.
    - Reboot my PC.
    - Move my file from Archive disc to my main PC before opening the file.

I hope you let us know how you get on with it.
    Petrina

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you for that.

I have done everything except the last one.

What is an archive disk?

So nice to know I am not alone!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Thank you for that.

I have done everything except the last one.

What is an archive disk?

So nice to know I am not alone!
    An archive disc is when you save a file you have created to a separate CD/DVD.
    I save all my designs to a separate CD/DVD. The only ones I keep on my PC are the ones I use a lot.

It seems as thought it is a lot of work but when you save each one as you create it, the task is not so bad. Over th years I have had my old PC's crash and one time I could not recover any fie.- So I learned the hard way.
    I also found that if the power goes out in the middle of saving a file, the file does not save - and everything is lost.

Best regards,
    Petrina

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That makes sense.

However, since my files at the moment are all on the PC, I shall have covered that one.

I wonder if you are referring to a problem I have always had with Silhouette. It rarely works first time so have had to do what you are doing now.

That is a good hint re archiving stuff on DVD. It is all in one place as well. I find remnants of files all over!

Thank you

View Gallery

I have been told that Silhouette will be making an official response regarding this problem very soon. It appears the recent Windows 10 update is causing usb problems for the Cameo 1 and Portrait 1. Apparently it's not just Silhouette products that are affected it's also some devices such as printers, scanners etc that use a 1.0 connection.

Are you able to cut from the SD card ?
    Last edited by Shirley Anne; 09-08-2019 at 04:12 PM.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I have been told the Silhouette will be making an official response regarding this problem very soon. It appears the recent Windows 10 update is causing usb problems for the Cameo 1 and Portrait 1.
    Thank you Shirley Anne. Very interesting.
    Petrina

View Gallery

Further update - This is what Silhouette are sending to customers but I have been told that although this is a Windows problem Silhouette are continuing to investigate to see if it is possible for them to develop an installable driver for the Cameo 1 and Portrait 1 - seems like they are trying their best but it may not be possible as it is really out of their hands. Mac users shouldn't have this problem.

"As of August 1, 2019 Silhouette America is no longer able to support USB connection between Windows 10 (1809, 1903, or above), particularly USB 3.0, or other related newer hardware and the following Silhouette models:

- CAMEO 1
    - Portrait 1
    - Silhouette SD
    - Original Silhouette

We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause. Unfortunately, as some technology advances, we are eventually unable to provide compatible hardware to accommodate these changes."

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Further update - This is what Silhouette are sending to customers but I have been told that although this is a Windows problem Silhouette are continuing to investigate to see if it is possible for them to develop an installable driver for the Cameo 1 and Portrait 1 - seems like they are trying their best but it may not be possible as it is really out of their hands. Mac users shouldn't have this problem.

"As of August 1, 2019 Silhouette America is no longer able to support USB connection between Windows 10 (1809, 1903, or above), particularly USB 3.0, or other related newer hardware and the following Silhouette models:

- CAMEO 1
    - Portrait 1
    - Silhouette SD
    - Original Silhouette

We apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause. Unfortunately, as some technology advances, we are eventually unable to provide compatible hardware to accommodate these changes."
    Thank you for the updated information. If I read this correctly- SIlhouette will no longer support Windows 10 or above-
    so why bother and buy any of their machines or software?

Does anyone know of a good cutting machine that is supported by the maker? I need to get my information correct before I tell folks on FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, Wordpress and my other social media to stop buying GraphTec or Silhouette and also recommend what new brand they should buy.
    Petrina

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by pkcase View Post
    Thank you for the updated information. If I read this correctly- SIlhouette will no longer support Windows 10 or above-
    so why bother and buy any of their machines or software?

Does anyone know of a good cutting machine that is supported by the maker? I need to get my information correct before I tell folks on FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest, Wordpress and my other social media to stop buying GraphTec or Silhouette and also recommend what new brand they should buy.
    No you have misunderstood Pertrina. Silhouette will definitely support Windows 10 it is just that the latest Windows update does not support usb 1 connections (which is what the older Cameo 1, Portrait 1 and SD have) if connecting via usb 3 - which means these older machines may not work if they are plugged in to a usb 3 port on your computer . Later models are not affected and the older models may be able to connect if your PC has a usb 2 port. This problem is caused by Windows NOT Silhouette and can affect other usb 1 devices such as printers, scanners etc so it is not just isolated to Silhouette products. It may be that Microsoft themselves will issue a fix although it is probably a case of Microsoft trying to force everyone to update hardware as usb 1 is many years old.