Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

New update 4.3.043

https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software

New Features!

Standard Edition Features

New Machine-First Workflow
    Choose your Silhouette machine in Page Setup to see a simple list of compatible options
    Color Palettes
    See a list of recent colors and create custom color palettes for your projects
    64-bit support
    Designer Edition Feature

Line Patterns
    Add a range of line patterns to your designs
    Bug Fixes

Standard Edition Fixes

Design
    Improved modification tools to stop loss of detail
    A new 5x7 page size has been implemented
    Using the Eraser or Knife on a grouped object no longer breaks the path for all shapes within the group
    Using the Eraser or Knife on a compound path object no longer breaks the path for all shapes within the compound path
    Silhouette Studio will no longer crash when attempting to print
    Negative coordinate values now display correctly within the Move panel text fields
    The tutorial page now closes when a tutorial is opened
    Print & Emboss panel information is no longer truncated
    Page icon has been reinstated to appear on the Curio icon
    Fixed an issue where scrollbars weren’t appearing when they should
    Removed animation that occurred when switching between landscape and portrait
    Shapes are now selected correctly when pasted in with Ctrl + F
    The ‘About’ box is no longer blank in Non-English languages
    Objects no longer default to Cut Edge when ‘Solid Fill’ is the default in preferences
    Node count no longer decreases when using Divide or Subtract All
    Panel tooltips no longer appear behind the mouse cursor
    Guidelines now save with files
    ‘Move to’ values are no longer blank when multiple objects are selected in the Transform panel
    Zoom tools now display their correct names in the View menu
    Zoom tools are no longer greyed out in the View menu
    Fixed an issue in which files named anything other than ‘Untitled’ couldn’t be sent to S3D
    Fixed an issue in which Freehand tools would not snap closed
    Added an ‘Auto-close’ toggle to the QAT when the Smooth Freehand tool is selected
    Fixed a crash that occurred when typing with specific fonts
    Fixed a crash that occurred when opening Advanced Sketch while a Sketch Fill with a Sketch Pattern is selected

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks Doreen! It's a while since we have had an update.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Doreen
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Have been testing this for a while and am really loving that you can create custom palettes.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Thanks Doreen. I am downloading it now. It is a Beta update.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Doreen. I am downloading it now. It is a Beta update.
    Yes it's Beta Margaret

View Gallery

Installed the new Beta and found it does not recognise my scanner. Strange as it is a printer/scanner and does recognise the printer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

I haven't calibrated mine to use with my printer/scanner or phone (in fact I haven't used my Cameo for over a year) so can't help with that Margaret sorry. I hope someone can offer a suggestion for you

View Gallery

Margaret I don’t know if this will help but someone was having a similar problem in our Beta Testing Group and this was the suggestion -

“If possible, please could you check to see if your printer/scanner drivers have new 64bit versions? On investigation, 64bit versions of Studio will be unable to detect 32bit drivers.”

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Margaret I don’t know if this will help but someone was having a similar problem in our Beta Testing Group and this was the suggestion -

“If possible, please could you check to see if your printer/scanner drivers have new 64bit versions? On investigation, 64bit versions of Studio will be unable to detect 32bit drivers.”
    Thanks Shirley. I will check Canon's web site.

It does seem strange that it recognises and prints ok but does not recognise the scanner part of the unit.

View Gallery

Back from summer holiday and trying to sort out my scanner problem to know avail. Checked Canon's web site yesterday and it recognises that I have Windows 10 64-bit but filled in a contact us form with my problem. I also filled in an error report on Silhouette US software for the new Beta Studio which I have downloaded but scanner still not recognised. Nothing from either yet.

View Gallery

Canon gave me a better link to the new drivers but still in Studio 'no scanner found'. As it prints and scans ok in their software they blame the Studio software.

I emailed Silhouette support and had a reply back. Apologies for no earlier reply and to go back to V4.2.471 (not Beta). Did that and still not working so I used IObit Unistall for a clean uninstall and rebooted my p.c. I redownloaded the last legacy version V4.2.279 and that showed my scanner. So I again uninstalled and rebooted my p.c. and redownloaded the latest release V.4.2471 which shows my scanner. So late yesterday evening did a clean uninstall, rebooted my p.c. and installed the latest Beta V4.3.046. Again 'no scanner found'. So I did a clean uninstall and turned my p.c. off. This morning reinstalled the latest normal version V4.2.471 and it shows my scanner, so both the latest 4.3 Beta is the problem.

View Gallery

Neries have you filled in a Beta Feedback form - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/beta-feedback. That goes to the development team rather than customer support and helps them troubleshoot beta problems.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Neries have you filled in a Beta Feedback form - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/beta-feedback. That goes to the development team rather than customer support and helps them troubleshoot beta problems.
    Hi Shilrey, yes I did that first but heard nothing back. This is the email reply I had today from Silhouette support. "I'm glad you are able to get your scanner connected again. I've gone ahead and informed our IT team about the issue you were having in the beta release and latest release so this can be looked into. Thank you for your patience."

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Hi Shilrey, yes I did that first but heard nothing back. This is the email reply I had today from Silhouette support. "I'm glad you are able to get your scanner connected again. I've gone ahead and informed our IT team about the issue you were having in the beta release and latest release so this can be looked into. Thank you for your patience."
    I'll keep an eye out on the Beta testing Group for when there is any progress on this Neries as I know a couple of the testers have had problems too. Will keep you posted if I see anything.