Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Lost Studio File Association in Windows 10

I have lost or never had the file association of Studio in Windows 10. I can open files in Studio but want to open through the folder I keep them in. I know I can drag and drop but then for some reason does not have the file name, it's untitled.

Please does anyone know how to set it up in Windows 10? I knew how I did it with the XP and Vista but can't find how to do it with Windows 10.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Have you tried right clicking the file and selecting 'open with' and then selecting Silhouette? You will also have to click (or tick, I can't remember which) always open with.
    I hope this is what you mean and helps.
    Sheila

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I'm using Windows 10 and mine is already associated I don't remember doing anything to it myself.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by grannyscrap View Post
    Have you tried right clicking the file and selecting 'open with' and then selecting Silhouette? You will also have to click (or tick, I can't remember which) always open with.
    I hope this is what you mean and helps.
    Thank Grannyscrap, that worked. When I tried before Silhouette was not on the list but this time when I looked there was 'other apps on this p.c.' which was not there before. There was 'look in the app store', which was useless. Maybe something changed with the last Windows 10 update I had.

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I'm using Windows 10 and mine is already associated I don't remember doing anything to it myself.
    Doreen I think I lost it when I installed Inkscape and it associated all my svg files with that. Strange that I only recently lost the file name when I dragged and dropped a studio file into Studio. Maybe something to do with the Studio beta 4.2.651 I am using.

View Gallery

Whatever the reason glad grannyscraps was able to help Margaret

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Whatever the reason glad grannyscraps was able to help Margaret
    Yes Doreen, but it has now stopped working. The error message is 'this action is only valid for products that are currently installed'. I have to drag and drop into a new page. I tried saving with the original name which over writes it but it still won't open by double clicking or by selecting 'open with'. The only way is through Studio so really strange as it worked yesterday.

View Gallery

How frustrating Margaret. Have you contacted SA?. Maybe some others have had the same problem and SA has a remedy