Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)

I fancy coming back to scrapping....?

Hi

I used to be mad on scrapbooking but work and life got in the way for a few years. I'm thinking of coming back and having spent an hour on google looking up kits, shops and blogs, i can't believe how much has changed!

Can anyone advise me where to start for some inspiration and kits?

I used to love Studio Calico and Cocoa Daisy but I notice a lot has changed and is leaning towards "project life" kind of things.... which I have never really fancied.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I don't get round to scrapbooking very often these days but I know what you mean about 'project life' etc... A lot of the ladies on here use Kaisercraft products and they have some stunning ranges with lovely matching embellishments, stickers etc... all of which you can buy separately if you wish.

Someone who is more current with LO's than I am will be along shortly to give more help and advice although I recently bought quite a few pieces from the Two Souls Collection from KC for my niece's wedding album. It is stunning but they have a great range and I can see why everyone is so hooked on their products. The sponsors do sell this too so it may be a good place to start.

I remember when kits where the thing but I never got into them as I seemed to end up with too much stuff I couldn't use but see if the sponsors are still doing them, I think some are. Hope this helps.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I rarely scrap but love it when I do. I still go on a retreat most years so that I get chance to keep going and there are always loads of challenges about to join in with- most scrapbook store blogs are worth looking at and there are still a few page kits about. ATDML do a virtual crop each month and have kits to buy. Of course when I started to scrapbook, I bought enough supplies to outlive me anyway.

So many photos, so little time g61's Avatar
    View Gallery

Hello, just read your post. Welcome back! I can't help directly with your question about kits I'm afraid.

However, a group of us who have had a pause in our scrapping for a while (several years in my case) have set up a team on here called Crafters Return, and you'd be very welcome to join us. Some of us are doing our best to collect points, but if that's not your thing, you're welcome anyway! Let me know if you want to join us.
    Margo

I'm a member of Scrap Happens, in the Blue Brads House

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Ooh, welcome back.
    Yes, get out what you have and just go with it !
    Take a look in the gallery here for ideas, we have some talented scrappers . Also, for inspiration, there are many challenges here - sketches, colour challenges, the Friday 5, and the weekly to name a few.
    Styles have changed but it’s very much up to you what and how you scrap, it’s whatever makes you happy.
    Why not take a browse around the threads here and see what takes your fancy x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    There are lots of kits still out there if you want them.
    Our sponsors, A Trip Down Memory Lane and Crafts 4 eternity do them as does Chamrmed Cards and Crafts. Just click on the sponsor links. Crafts 4 eternity do a page kit costing about £4 a month and you can normally get at least a couple of pages out of them. Very good value.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Welcome back. there are so many challenges on here, I am using up my everlasting stash but do go to our sponsors for their kits, I love Crafts 4 eternity. I am also in the Crafters Return group. We are a friendly bunch all finding our way back.
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (98)
    It’s interesting reading this post. I ve not even been on here for over 3 years. But I’m still scrapbooking

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Welcome back ... a trip down memory lane have virtual crop kits which usually make three separate pages and both ATDML and Charmed Card and Crafts have loads of exciting new stuff that are not project life style. I do however love the simple stories range which have papers with squad and rectangular blocks in the range too

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

OMG I remember you!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

thanks all!!! I will take a good look. I did do a page the other day - was great fun and so i spent an hour organising my stuff and filling my tote to inspire me to do more!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by g61 View Post
    Hello, just read your post. Welcome back! I can't help directly with your question about kits I'm afraid.

However, a group of us who have had a pause in our scrapping for a while (several years in my case) have set up a team on here called Crafters Return, and you'd be very welcome to join us. Some of us are doing our best to collect points, but if that's not your thing, you're welcome anyway! Let me know if you want to join us.
    Oh!! where can I find that group? I didn't realise I had had all these replies!!! see, I am out of touch!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

There must be something in the air as I’m looking to get back into scrapping too

View Gallery

I am new to this forum and hope to get inspiration here. I use Pinterest and Instagram for ideas for layouts. I also get a kit from Lottie Loves Paper.
    It's good you want to start scrapbooking again. It's a fun hobby.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    It’s great to see people coming back again. Welcome Sallye.
    And vegangoth, sorry we all seemed to miss you there.
    Scrapbooking is a great hobby, and appeals to many for many different reasons
    It’s very therapeutic, and addictive, and UKS is a very friendly place to come.
    I use Pinterest for ideas, but the gallery here is very good too, we have scrappers with a variety of styles, we all have to find what suits us.
    Do come and join in the other threads and check out all the challenges, they are a great starting point when you need ideas
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022