Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Information regarding latest Beta Update VSS4.2.650

A new open beta has just been released but it has only been in closed beta testing for a few days so I would recommend waiting to update until you get an update message when you open the software rather than downloading it as they want it to be a staggered release which means that the Beta update message will only appear for a percentage of Beta testers to begin with and slowly increase as time goes on and problems are flagged up and then resolved. This version is 64 bit rather than previous version which was 32 bit so should improve performance. It is the annual Silhouette Conference soon when there will be some exciting new announcements but to achieve that they need to get the 4.2.6x tested by more people than just in the beta group. I have had a few small issues but they are being resolved as soon as they are flagged up so don't be put off !!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Shirley - look forward to hearing the "exciting new announcements" ! Very intriguing!
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Thank you Shirley I've just seen there's an update and was about to post it but will wait now

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    A new open beta has just been released but it has only been in closed beta testing for a few days so I would recommend waiting to update until you get an update message when you open the software rather than downloading it as they want it to be a staggered release which means that the Beta update message will only appear for a percentage of Beta testers to begin with and slowly increase as time goes on and problems are flagged up and then resolved. This version is 64 bit rather than previous version which was 32 bit so should improve performance. It is the annual Silhouette Conference soon when there will be some exciting new announcements but to achieve that they need to get the 4.2.6x tested by more people than just in the beta group. I have had a few small issues but they are being resolved as soon as they are flagged up so don't be put off !!
    Shirley I checked Silhouettes web site and downloaded and installed it before I read your post. I tried to foil an image and it foiled completely in the wrong place, over an inch too far to the left. As soon as I realised I paused and then cancelled. My Cameo 3 then kept saying it was cancelling and nothing happened. I cancelled the job in Studio but still my Cameo would not react. So I turned my Cameo off. Left it about 10 minutes then turned it back on, pressed the unload and it moved a couple of inches. In the end I pressed unload about 5 times before my mat was released.

Studio was still really slow to open properly and really slow to save. I think it is open but when I click anything I get the message 'Studio not responding' so I then wait until it does respond. When I saved my prepared file it crashed with message Studio not responding. So I closed then reopened later and it had saved a draft copy of the file.

View Gallery

When the program crashes it generates a report to the development team for them to work on. Maybe worth going back to a previous version in the meantime Margaret.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    Thank you Shirley - look forward to hearing the "exciting new announcements" ! Very intriguing!
    Yes it is Sylvia, no idea what they may be, we haven’t been given any clues !!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Shirley, I will hang on and wait for the message before updating this time.

View Gallery

When the program crashes it generates a report to the development team for them to work on. Maybe worth going back to a previous version in the meantime Margaret.
    Thanks Shirley I did not realise it reported back to them. It seems it does not like large sketch filled images. Not sure if the positioning is a fault with the Studio beta or my Cameo 3.

Really strange this afternoon I sent it to foil test piece to check it was working. I set it to the tool 2 position and closed tool 1 by clicking on the small triangle. It started to foil with tool one which had a Quill in but not connected to my power pack. Stopped it and moved the image down and tried again. Worked the second time but decided I would go back to V.4.2.463. Luckily I always save the Studio downloads before installing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

I think they only get crash reports Margaret but it helps them a great deal if people submit beta feedback reports for specific problems https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/beta-feedback.

A new full release version has also just been put out - V4.2.471 if you want to opt out of beta testing for a while - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software

View Gallery

Thanks Shirley I think I might do that as it is a later edition than the one I am using. I found out last night why it was crashing. I was not waiting long enough for it to save before trying to do something else. Hard not to when it took 6 minutes to save the file.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Thanks Shirley I think I might do that as it is a later edition than the one I am using. I found out last night why it was crashing. I was not waiting long enough for it to save before trying to do something else. Hard not to when it took 6 minutes to save the file.
    Crikey that is a long time, is it very complex ?

View Gallery

Crikey that is a long time, is it very complex ?
    Shirley it is an Owl with a sketch fill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Shirley it is an Owl with a sketch fill.
    Beautiful Margaret

View Gallery

Thanks Doreen.

I foiled it tonight with it counting down from 83 minutes and it took all of that. I am a little disappointed that I did not quite get the foil in the right place on the card so it went over the tape at the bottom and missed a bit of the perch. Otherwise pleased but will do it again when I have time as it is to go into a 10"x8" frame. Off in our caravan Friday for long weekend over the bank holiday.

View Gallery

Thanks Doreen.

I foiled it tonight with it counting down from 83 minutes and it took all of that. I am a little disappointed that I did not quite get the foil in the right place on the card so it went over the tape at the bottom and missed a bit of the perch. Otherwise pleased but will do it again when I have time as it is to go into a 10"x8" frame. Off in our caravan Friday for long weekend over the bank holiday.
    I bet it looks beautiful Margaret, have a good weekend.