Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

New beta update, V4.2.436

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Now look here Doreen, are you on commission????

By the way, if you are interested, you probably know you can get thumb drives with images on that work with the FQ, but you can also go the the WRMK website and buy the contents of those thumbdrives as direct downloads for roughly half the price even allowing for currency conversion. I just got a couple and it was very straightforward

Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Now look here Doreen, are you on commission????

By the way, if you are interested, you probably know you can get thumb drives with images on that work with the FQ, but you can also go the the WRMK website and buy the contents of those thumbdrives as direct downloads for roughly half the price even allowing for currency conversion. I just got a couple and it was very straightforward

Andi
    I wish Andi LOL. I've seen those but I'm such a miser when it comes to buying file's

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I wish Andi LOL. I'm such a miser when it comes to buying file's
    Me too in the normal way but when I checked a little while ago I was charged £10.33 for two downloads - they were shown as $7.99 each and, as it was my first order with them, I got 15% discount, so $15.98 became $13.56 and then converted to £10.33. There are loads of images (I'd guess 200-300 in each download) words and letters too, although mainly outline - I shall investigate if they can be filled successfully - in .svg and .png format. I doubt if any of the outlets selling them in this country will do the downloadable ones due to copyright, but the thumbdrives are showing as about £11+
    Andi

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Me too in the normal way but when I checked a little while ago I was charged £10.33 for two downloads - they were shown as $7.99 each and, as it was my first order with them, I got 15% discount, so $15.98 became $13.56 and then converted to £10.33. There are loads of images (I'd guess 200-300 in each download) words and letters too, although mainly outline - I shall investigate if they can be filled successfully - in .svg and .png format. I doubt if any of the outlets selling them in this country will do the downloadable ones due to copyright, but the thumbdrives are showing as about £11+
    Andi
    When you hover over the usb on the website a page pops up showing what's on it but I don't think I would use the download enough to buy it Andi

View Gallery

It is all down to personal preference, of course, Doreen, I could see items in the two that I chose that I know I will be able to use, or incorporate into other things. Only time will tell me if I have wasted my money and it is cheaper than metal dies. I'm normally the one left kicking herself for missing out on something. I notice that the company I got my FQ from is now showing the full set that I got as "out of stock", so it looks like I was just in time, given that there seems to be a delay in introducing it over here,although that does mean that other people will have ironed out the creases before those who are still waiting get theirs (I remember when I got my CR and how helpful people on this site were to a know nothing newbie). I bought a Fuse tool as well, I've never got on well with shaker cards so I shall give that a go too. Don't forget there are 6 different thumb drives, each with its corresponding digi download.

Andi

View Gallery

It does seem very popular Andi and I've not "seen" anyone say they don't like the results. As you say most companies over here are on pre-order so it's not really surprising the company you got yours from and I got mine from (albeit 2 different companies) are sold out. I might have a rethink about the usb's

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I bought one of the digital USBs just to see what it was like, it was the one with all the mandalas on. I have had a look at it and like some of the designs, although as with most of these things there are some designs I would never use. I don't think I would have been happy to spend roughly £12 on each one, but for the price of the download I think it was worth it. I have been told that my FQ will be with me in the next few days so I assume they are on their way now. I think it will be very useful to add foiling to cards and I also want to use it for decorating my planner. Who can resist a nice bit of foiling and sparkle on things?!

I bought a Fuse a couple of years back Andi and have to say I don't really get on with it that well. The only thing I have been successful at doing was encapsulating a lock of fur that my vet said to keep when I lost my dog last year. Apart from that I haven't been that impressed by it, but I know others love it. Maybe I just need to play with it a bit more and see what it can do.

View Gallery

I got the same one as you Sue, only as a digi download, plus the one with the rather impressive owl that is featured in some of the ads; I didn't think a fiver each was too bad. I'm not sure if I would want the others, there is quite a bit of duplication in the alphabets, plus I am looking forward to having a go at doing my own designs, and waiting impatiently for Studio 4.2 to come out of Beta. It will be interesting to see how hard wearing the wands are, but at least they can be replaced individually - there is bound to be one that becomes the favourite and gets used the most, so logic says that's likely to be the one that gives up first. I have yet to have a try with the Fuse tool. I never got on well with shaker cards, either there always seemed to be a gap big enough for the innards to fall out of, or the adhesive on my 3d foam always seemed a bit weak. There is a lady called Rita who blogs as the Papercraft Tutor and I have a look on her site once or twice a week, she's been making loads of shaker stuff and she now uses the Fuse and it seems to work well for her. Plus good ol' YT is stuffed full of tuts!

I think I shall go and make the most of this beautiful sunshine we have before the cloud gets here.. I need the Vitamin D

Andi

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have never thought of using the Fuse for shaker cards, I will have to investigate that possibility and get it out of the cupboard! I want to try filling small shapes with the FQ as well, so will be experimenting with that as well.

It is so nice to see the sun today isn't? I am going to get my dose of Vitamin D too.
    Last edited by Jampot; 25-03-2019 at 08:58 AM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Doreen I go away for the weekend and find another Beta update tonight. That's the fourth in five days!!!!

Andy I have been looking at WRMK's downloads for the Quill for over a two weeks now, but I only really want that beautiful Owl. Doreen kindly gave me the link to the free svg of the Peacock shown by the South Aftrican inventor of the Quill in a video on social media. Was it WRMK's web site you downloaded from and did you get a pop up for the first time buyer's discount?