Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Sizzix pearl drops and Nuvo marking my photographs!

Hi
    I am new to scrapbooking so need some advice please.
    I created a couple of pages and then added a couple of accents with Sizzix pearl drops and Nuvo drops. I left the pages open for 24+ hours and then started working on following pages.
    I found the drops (although feeling dry) were not dry enough and have pulled a couple of areas of photos off!

I don't understand what I am doing wrong, if anything, but this is really off-putting using these liquids near photo's. I've now added a loose piece of paper between the pages but it is less than ideal and difficult to keep in place as I am using a spiral bound album.
    Anyone have any advice apart from Don't use this liquid again?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What a disappointment. Like you, I am sure it is only 24 hours for them to harden so I doubt that it is anything you've done wrong. I would just test the drops on a separate sheets of card and leave them and keep on testing them over a 24 hour period and beyond and see how long it takes for them to become truly solid. I've seen it suggested to make sheets of these drops in different sizes and then put them to one side and glue them on as you would any other embellishment as and when you need them. A piece of acetate to drop them on would do the trick. I've just checked a YouTube video and in the comments there was mention from customers that their drops hadn't hardened so you are not alone.

I wonder if the temperature affects them because it says on-line 2-3 hours and you waited well beyond that time. Do let us know if you sort this out.

Also, welcome aboard!
    Last edited by Susie.A; 14-03-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've just had another thought matouff. How are you storing your scrapbooks? I never lay my down flat because the embellishments can press into the facing page. So they are stored on their end (as you would any book) or on their spine in a bag, it allows the pages to open just enough so as not to crush everything. That may be just my way, I could be on my own there but it was just a thought. No doubt others will come along with more help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I have never used the Sizzix pearl drops, so I can't comment on those, but I suspect it is because you are using a spiral bound, and they are getting squashed, as Susie A said. I leave my Nuvo dots overnight to dry and I haven't had a problem using them in page protectors but I do know that they never go as hard as enamel dots and the will flatten if they are squished. I have used sticky dots and covered them with Nuvo drops to make my own sticky 'dots' but I haven't used them yet.
    Sheila

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for all of your advice - very much appreciated.
    As I said, the drops were left for over 24 hours (open) and the affected pages are only page 3 & 4 so when the book is closed, there is very little weight on it.
    I think in future, I will create an assortment of these on a teflon mat or baking parchment and glue them into position. I am working in a normal working temperature also, so can't see that it would be a factor.
    I'll report back as and when
    Mark

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    You can make the dots on glue dots, Mark. That way they are 'self-adhesive'. Of course, that will depend on the size of your glue dots. Just cut a strip of dots, make sure you hold the backing paper flat (I use washi) as it does have a tendency to curl.
    Sheila