Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pixscan

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Still not had time to go back and play with my pixscan yet. The print and cut with the ordinary mat is really good and accurate.
    Pleased the video helped cattiegracie. Thats a good idea grannyscrap nor did i think of that. Thank you

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    You are very welcome.
    Sheila

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Can you use it to cut around stamped images?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobble21 View Post
    Can you use it to cut around stamped images?
    yes
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

I got it too work, didnt need to calibrate my phone as its already in the software. Very impressed I cut out frames around old xmas cards and cut quite close using outline on others. Only issue I had was when cutting out pictures by placing circles around them, they cut ever so slightly off, just on one side. Not sure why? Any ideas?
    Overall I am happy with what I practiced on.

View Gallery

Here is my reply from silhouette, hope this all helps. (the margin of error is what I was probably seeing on some of my cuts, otherwise most were more than acceptable. I tried a variety of cuts, some actual, some with offset and some with a shape around them)

I'm not sure why it would be off by a little bit. I will give you a few tips though.

Are you on a portrait? The portraits have 3 lines and you will want to put the mat and the 3rd line farthest from the roller.

It is best to do the pixscan in well-lit room to help the sensor read the registration marks and it is best to put the image as much as possible in the center of the page.

Do note that there can be a 1/16th inch margin of error.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    When using my PixScan mat the the cutting line is always slightly off so moving the trace slightly to the right it how I work around it. My print & cut is spot on.

View Gallery

Just had a go with some scraps as grannyscrap suggested, works a treat. Just put my shapes over the card shapes. Thank you for that tip.

Yes Neries my print and cut is perfect. Will try your suggestion as my cutline was slightly over to the left when using the pixscan. Otherwise am really pleased with it.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

My pixscan was going bonkers since the update, registration markers not recognise, the docker with the badges in kept going to the left edge and acting like a woodpecker, the mat kept falling out the back and when on the odd occasion it did decide to work it was off by about 3mm to the left. Not sure if this will help you but I changed the packet size down to 500 instead of the default 1000 and I also changed the setting For the cut order sorting to "no sort”. (See picture). Now i am getting a perfect cut, no registration errors, no doing crazy things like a woodpecker and no mat falling out the back. Might be worth a try.
    FF469F40-2BB7-4987-8B54-2A244334A026.jpeg