lOVE ON THE QUAY - COLOUR CHALLENGE

by scrapdolly

July19 _ ABC _ Juggling

by new2this

one of a kind

by Maggie B

Oh My Paws and Whiskers

by Mary Buttons

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Photography Forum

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 1,250 Posts

2. The Following Users Like This Post:

alison 2 (01-12-2018),elainevking (01-12-2018),Susie.A (01-12-2018)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 924 Posts
    I am so jealous, you are all having such fun and seeing wonderful Christmassy things. I love that wreath Ellie,it is beautiful. Are they a red Christmas rose or Hellebores, whatever they are the flowers are gorgeous.

I have only just got out of the shower. I was up bright and early for me 11am and by 1pm felt so ill I had to go back to bed. You can understand why getting that sleep to midday is so important. You'd wonder, I do, how an hour can make such a difference, it seems I need a good 10 hours sleep at least, to function without having to go and lie down again. I wouldn't mind, I couldn't go off to sleep for lying there thinking of all the things I have to do.

Thanks to the internet and a bit of shopping I think I have all the presents apart from one for the rescue and the doggies there of course.

How's the carpet today Alison, is Daisy out of the dog house yet have you heard?

View Gallery

I think they are Hellebores
    It must be frustrating for you Susie, and for DH, especially if you want to go somewhere.
    I think I’ve asked before, but if you started to go to bed earlier, get your 10 hrs, would
    you be ok? Then more daylight hours . It would take time for your body to get used to it, but if
    it did ,then you could function earlier! Is it due to CFS? and not just sleepiness?
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

No sadly not Ellie, for some reason it just doesn't work like that. I've tried it and I wake up and feel okayish and within an hour two bang, it feels like everything is shutting down. It's to do with this thing called 'sleep reversal' which means the sleep between the hours of 4am and 12 noon are the beneficial hours. Unlike jet lag, it can't be reset from what I've found out but is common in M.E. If I'd slept say from midnight through to 11am I might have been okay but I ONLY managed 9 hours solid sleep I reckon, crazy isn't it because most people would give their eye teeth for 9 hours solid sleep. They call it unfreshed sleep.

Never mind, I am off to write out some Christmas cards, I've got the first of a few loads of washing on and we're waiting for someone to come and fix our neighbour's boiler. If I get some of this done it's a start and when I go to get my hair done week after next I think, I'll call in to Burleydam and get some Christmassy photo's. As long as I feel I'm getting things done it doesn't get me down, except that I want to start knitting and also get some LO's made but it's not happening. Our neighbour's baby is due in February and I've just found out she loves hand knitted things, so no pressure.

My poor sister is flat out on the sofa at the moment. She got in from work yesterday, went to do her shopping and then had her grandkids staying over night. Her grandson insists on sleeping with her but he rolls and flings himself about, so after a week of work and no sleep last night she is worn out today. I've told her to get a blow up bed and stick him on that and he can pretend he's camping and she'll get a night's sleep. Her granddaughter insists on sleeping in the spare room because she gets hot and can't stand anyone else around. Sister should be grateful they don't both want to sleep with her I reckon.

View Gallery

I agree with your sisters GD. I get hot quite quickly, and love to get into a
    cold bed.
    We got an air bed when the boys were younger, but when they moved around ,the bed
    made horrid squish’s, and it was worse than them sleeping with you !!
    Air beds might have got better now.

You are right ,I’d give anything to get some solid sleep. Take last night for example;
    Went to sleep about 11-30 pm, woke 1-30 to go to the toilet. Didn’t go back to sleep
    until 3-45 approx. Woke ar 6-15 didn’t go back to sleep, got up at 7-30. !!!!!!
    It’s like that most nights.
    It’s a shame for you that you cannot alter your body clock, but it’s what it is, I guess.
    Not nice though, for you when you don’t get enough sleep.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You've just reminded me, I ordered some melatonin in case anyone wanted to try some. It is supposed to do all sorts of miraculous things Ellie, I think you asked about blood pressure and I've read it can lower it, but I reckon you'd have to be on it for a while and probably a high dose for it to work. It is also supposed to help with blood glucose but when I spoke to my neighbour's doctor about giving it to him, he said it was safe for diabetics to take. Probably a heck of a lot safer than most of the tablets prescribed, especially since it is something your own body makes.

You could try a small amount of the time release which is the one I'd run out of. The fast dissolve is good and I put it under my tongue and it seems to work quickly. I've read that it doesn't get you off to sleep much faster than is normal, but if you don't sleep then 16 minutes is pretty quick in my book. I can read for hours sometimes, waiting for that moment when I feel I will go off. Hubby falls asleep holding his book every night without fail. Stick him on a clothes line and he's away, life's not fair.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 812 Posts
    Love that wreath Ellie, I have a big artificial one, tempted to dress it up like that

I go to sleep really easily, like your hubby Susie, but if I have to go to the loo I can’t get back to sleep again. I was up at 4.20 this morning then was wide awake, and hot. Went downstairs, pottered around for a bit and went back up around 6.30. Still took me ages to get back to sleep then slept till 8.30.
    Would the slow release melatonin be good for keeping me sleepy for the second half of the night ? Or should I take the quick one when I wake up ??
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

View Gallery

It does sound good Susie, I will have to look into it further.
    I did look in Holland and Barrett but they hadn’t got any.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I will send you some even if it is just a few tablets of each. Alison, I would take the time release if I were you. Take it a little earlier than normal or on a day when you don't have to rush anywhere, jut to see how much your body needs. I think both of you should try the time-release. They are 5 mg tablets so I would try a quarter to a half, just to see how it affects you personally as we're all different.

Ellie, you have to buy it online as H&B don't sell it, most places don't although it is easy to get in the States. Before I could get it here I used to get my b-i-l to send it over.

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,238 Posts
    Good evening Snappers
    Oh to have 6 hours continuous sleep would be a joy. I don’t have any trouble getting to sleep but wake every two hours needing the loo I don’t stay up though just throw the covers off and wait till I’ve cooled down
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Meant to say love those photos the elves even have golden curls and the wreath is beautiful. I’ll be going round the hedgerows when I get home to collect stuff for my wreath. The drying of fruit didn’t work very well so will stick to cones and ribbons I think
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Good morning Snappers
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

morning ,
    sounds like me Mary, always throwing the covers off to cool down.

Thanks for that Susie.

Lovely sunrise this morning.
    Don’t know if I will even bother to decorate this year, because we
    are away for Christmas. I know !!!! BA HUMBUG
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 812 Posts
    You must have something Christmassy in the house Ellie, even if you don’t do the full works !
    Are you going to your daughters ?

I get really hot too most nights, and with DH snoring next to me I just can’t sleep ! but I had a good night last night and managed to get back to sleep after the nocturnal loo trip

Anyway, the sun is shining today which is nice so I’m going to get outside for a bit, going to fetch our tree this afternoon and might do some foraging like Mary, although everything’s a bit damp still . I need to go chop DS’s holly tree before his house sale goes through

Have a nice day everyone, happy snapping x
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

View Gallery

Yes , going up north.
    I will put the Christmas cards up Alison

I’ve been in the garden just tidying things up.
    I’ve made some more tags and a card, but I can’t find Nats Dec card thread!!!!!

Found it
    Ellie
    Last edited by RED HEAD; 02-12-2018 at 04:30 PM.

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast