Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Ellie, love your santa at the door scene, brilliant !
    Wendy, your card is beautiful, love the trees. Those gilding flakes are hard work. I’ve not had much success with mine but I do give up easily
    Denise, what a lovely little scene, you should print off the little donkey carol to put inside
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    First of all, Wendy, I left you a message but must have not actually posted it because it's not there. I love the card and can't imagine why it didn't turn out as you wanted, it's beautiful. I really must have a go with gilding flakes, I've got plenty and had them for years.

Denise that is such a cute card, love your donkey and cat and the way they are looking at the door, so sweet. As Alison said, it's a lovely little scene you've created.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Gorgeous card Wendy. Nothing wrong with it . Like the gilding flakes.

Cute card Denise. That’s you all over, donkeys and cats
    Ellie

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thank you :-) I have had success with gilding flakes before, but I think that I made a mistake in stamping the image in ink first and then trying to put the flitterglu and flakes over that - I did it because I wanted just the branches to be gilded, but I will try it again with just the flakes. I am pleased with the card, but out of several images stamped, I only got two usable cards because the flakes were not behaving!!

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I can see what you mean now Wendy, you wanted the trunk a flat colour and the branches all highlighted in gold. I suppose you'd have to mask the trunks and ground after you've stamped them, but it looks stunning anyway and it is only when you point out what you wanted to achieve that we can understand. Otherwise, it looks perfect to the rest of us. Really makes me want to get the gilding flakes out now, such a beautiful card.

View Gallery

Do it Susie!!!
    The stamp I was waiting for arrived, so I will have another landscape one by tomorrow, too tired to do it today as I went on a DESMOND day which is aimed at enabling newly diagnosed T2 diabetics manage the condition. It was interesting, but not much I didn't know already, and now I am exhausted LOL.

Wendy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Wendy, I've got the stuff out and I'm going to give it a go, if not tonight, definitely tomorrow. We had to go to a meeting tonight trying to block a planning permission.

Are you the T2 diabetic if you don't my me asking?

View Gallery

Looking forward to seeing what oyu come up with :-) I did the stamping last night after all, need to assemble into a card this evening when I get back from work.
    Yes I am T2, was diagnosed in July, a bit of a shock as you can imagine - I had asked for a blood test for something else and they tested for the other usual stuff as well. What I had been worried about was fine, but I turned out to be diabetic. My number wasn't terribly high though, and I have brought it down by weight loss, 20lbs so far with more to go. I think I have actually been very lucky, to have it picked up very early by chance, and to be able to do something about it.

Wendy

View Gallery

Well done Wendy on your weight loss, that is an awesome amount !
    Where there is a will ,there is a way.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Diet alone can keep diabetes under control and Dr. Michael Moseley has made a 5:2 diet that reverses diabetes (T2) and I know it works as my friend's husband has done it. It's a life changer. Well done on the weight loss Wendy and keep up the good work.

My auntie controlled her T2 diabetes the whole time, purely by diet. She came here from Australia with my uncle and she was having a G&T and when she said she'd have another my uncle reminded her that she shouldn't really because of the diabetes. She said "But I'm on holiday" and he told her "Your diabetes doesn't know that and it isn't on holiday." So funny, but so true.

I tried the gilding flakes last night and it's not bad, not as good as yours though. Mind you, I should have done it when I was feeling less tired, although, quite when that would be I don't know. I dropped the glue on the mat and ended up with gilding flakes stuck to that and my fingers. I'll try again but I even forgot to put my stamp on a stamping block and was holding it in my hand about to apply the glue!!! I stamped onto a scrapbook LO but I don't think I'll use it now. Actually, it is more that the thing I've stamped doesn't go with the LO than the fact that the stamping isn't as good as I'd have liked. Onward and upward.

View Gallery

You crack me up Susie. I can just imagine you covered in building flakes
    I’ve never used them myself, too messy for me
    Ellie

View Gallery

Can’t wait to see the results ladies. I might even give mine a try again.
    Can I ask how you put the glue on the stamp ? I made a right mess last time I tried this technique !
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Not quite as bad as Susie though

Oh, and Wendy, well done on the weight loss, I’m sure it helps with the diabetes x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Alison, I had this foam stuff which you put Flitterglu on and if you leave it face down on something plastic or glass it stays wet for quite a while. Then you use the foam as you would an ink pad. I hadn't prepared properly. Worse still, hubby asked if he could watch and he brought the dog in with his big bushy tail. Had to get him out because we may as well have had the down draught from a helicopter in the room all that swishing sending the flakes flying.

I have a whole LO ready but as usual can't find this one thing to finish it off, so annoying.

Oh Ellie, what are these building flakes you're talking about?

View Gallery

Don’t be pedantic Susie, you know I meant Guilding. It’s my fat fingers again getting in the way.
    The G is just above B
    Ellie