Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want UKS to stay open for another year?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

38 97.44%
  • No

1 2.56%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think that is an acceptable amount if, as I mentioned on the snapchat forum, it means we maybe buy a couple of dies less for a year, or a couple of craft items that we don't really need. That is money well spent to keep UKS up and running.

Do we still have the 'friends' can't remember what they were called for newbies. People do tend to lurk before they join in, I lurked for quite a while before becoming a member, I felt a bit intimidated. Maybe that's just me and it's hard to imagine it now. Visitors need to know what a welcoming bunch we are, do we have a little section for newbies?

The issue about leaving comments came up a while ago because people tend to look and not leave comments. If you are interested enough to look at someone's work then it is nice to leave a comment IMO.

Hope you soon get that boiler fixed MA.

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Hi - me again. I think that £20 -25 is s tiny amount for the fun and inspiration I get from the folks on here. I was thinking more of double that! That is still less than £1 per week. But I also appreciate that it may be too much for some to fork out in one hit.

I too offer thanks to the sponsors who have said yes so far.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    If ... and it’s a massive if ... we went to subscription it would have to become a closed forum with a.m. that entails

Would the sponsors be happy with that? Do they get hits from the many guests?

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

If it went to a closed forum it wouldn't worry me. Could it be set up so if anyone else wished to join they could?

Chinese whisper LO swap

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love Hedgie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Not sure where my last post went but I would hate to see UKS close and would be happy to subscribe be it a closed group or not.

MAny thanks to the sponsors.

Chinese Whispers Christmas Card Swap Chinese Whisper LO swap

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I'd be very happy to subscribe too and £20 is such a small amount when I consider how much I spend on stash. I love this site and it has been a lifeline to me from the start. I love all the challenges though lately I have struggled to keep up with some I still do the weekly challenge and have not miss one week for at least 4 years and I still do the monthly one as well
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here is something that has often puzzled me, at this moment I have just checked and there are 3 members online but 148 guests. Now, I know it's late at night but I've noticed this a lot, we don't seem to have many members yet there are a lot of guests. I often wondered why these people don't become members.

As Karen said, if we became a closed forum which I'm guessing means guests can't use the site, do the sponsors actually get any business from the guests which they would then lose? If that is the case, is there some way guests could use the site for a limited time to see if they want to join.

I'm a bit confused by this because 148 guests is a lot of potential members, why aren't they joining? Am I missing something here?

I've just read back and noticed Claire59 mentioned this about members and guests, so apologies for bringing it up again, still feeling confused though.
    Last edited by Susie.A; 09-11-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    I haven't been around much this past 2 years due to family health issues but have loved it when I could join in. I do miss being in a team and chatting. I have just come back to scrapping LO and am loving all the challenges.I especially loved last years mini Christmas C.C. as I love classes, I would not mind paying to keep Uks going.
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

Scrapping is my hobby Housework isn't Mary Buttons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Susie the guests could be American or another country with a different time zone from us and that is why they are here late
    Scrappycats Team Green Button house
    My Blog Mary's Musings

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    But there are always over a hundred guests and only less than 10 members on at any one time.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Out of curiosity, what was the last way you participated? everyone, not just the last poster! What challenges did you enjoy, to the point you entered and uploaded a layout in the end? Scrapdolly and Miniowner work SO hard on challenges etc. and it always seems like people enjoy them but without seeing a layout in the gallery or appended to a post it is hard to judge that!

Also curious that near 80 members have read this thread but only 34 voted. Not sure what that means Or that a dozen or so are marked as hidden. So maybe that means that there are more people online than you think? Or that there are google bots that are showing as people....

We MAY have a boiler guy on the way. Fingers crossed.....

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

Hi Mary Anne. I normally only post in the daily chat - usually led by Sandra - but I do lurk on the photography forum and the Green buttons one as well. It is nice to keep up with the folks on there. I should really make the effort with the photo one - perhaps I will! But the Green buttons is for Scrapbooking and I only make cards.
    I used to pick up Craft Robo designs offered by our members but since SIL created the situation where your own designs become THEIR property if they are done in Studio I think folk are reluctant to share their work, and who can blame them.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Out of curiosity, what was the last way you participated? everyone, not just the last poster! What challenges did you enjoy, to the point you entered and uploaded a layout in the end?
    My last participation was a Friday 5 page, BUT it was a page I was making anyway that fitted the five items that week. I frequently check the challenges but rarely do them any more. I was a points-collecting individual for the first part of the year but haven't done a weekly/monthly challenge since February. My favourite thing this year has been the ABC challenges (which probably took the least to organise) but those have slowed right down now.

I still check the General Scrapping board every few days but there's rarely anything new there. Most of my scrappy chat has moved over to Facebook now, but I completely understand that some people don't want to venture down that rabbit hole.

I'd love to see UKS continue but if it moved to a closed/subscription site then I wouldn't subscribe. Sorry to say that, but it's true. I can get plenty of inspiration and challenges from other sites and blogs for free and I'm no longer on a team so don't come here for the social/chat threads.

(I know this won't be a popular post for those of you who love UKS the most, but I want to be honest about how I feel. All the comments so far are from people who really want UKS to continue but I do wonder how many people have read this thread and haven't bothered to comment because they don't mind if it disappears.)

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

I did a LO for the ABC Challenge this week. I would have done these photos but not necessarily this week. I try to make the challenges fit with photos I have to scrap. I have also just done the scrap whispers which I love.

As regard to why some people haven't voted it may be that they haven't seen the poll at the top I know I missed it at first.

Hope your boiler gets fixed.

Chinese whisper LO swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Amanda Jane, it stands to reason that the people who want it to continue will say so,
    and the others who are not so honest as you, won’t bother !!

My last upload was a LO for the weekly ( yesterday). I like the weekly and do it when I can.
    I also participate in the Photograph forum, which I like very much. We chat as well as post
    Photos. I Try to do the cardmaking challenges, if I can, and have posted this month.
    I also join in the daily chat thread..
    I’m a slow scrapper, and try to do as many as time allows.
    Ellie