Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Big shot pro help please

Hi all. I have a big shot pro and have had it for a couple of years now. Recently I have started noticing the cutting isn’t as good. Part of the dies are not cutting out. Sometimes changing the paper/cardstock I am using seems to make a difference. Sometimes adding an extra shim helps but not all the time. And it is not the areas closer to the middle that aren’t cutting properly.
    And it always seems to be the same part of the die that is not cutting properly no matter what way I put it onto the cutting plate and roll it through.
    Does any one have any ideas at all why this could be happening all of a sudden.
    Many thanks
    Kat
    Last edited by Anirtak191; 09-02-2018 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Adding more info to question

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Kat,

I see you're a new member and just wanted to welcome you aboard.

I can't help with the Big Shot Pro as I have a different A4 cutter. If it had been a new machine I would say it is faulty and return it, but the fact that you've had it a few years and it has been okay up to now does sound odd. I am sure one of the ladies on here will be along shortly to give advice unless of course it is something that hasn't happened to them before. If that turns out to be the case my advice would be to either Google it or e-mail Sizzix. Just a thought, is it a new die or perhaps one you've bought recently? Do your old dies work okay with it? Although from what you've said it sounds as if you've noticed it becoming progressively worse but just of late.

I had cutting problems with a different machine, in fact 3 brand new machines and in that case they were all faulty and all down the outer edge too.

I hope you find out what is wrong and can get it sorted, they are quite expensive machines - good luck and let us know how it all turns out as it is helpful for others who may come across this problem.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi. Thank you.
    I am hoping someone is able to help also.
    One of the dies I am having a problem with is new I have just bought it. The other is maybe a year old and as it is a sentiment, used quite a bit.
    Yes these machines are expensive and I am hoping it is something that can be sorted pretty easily. I shall double check with an older die tomorrow to see if I have the problem with one I know was fine last time I used it, I have been concentrating on the men’s cards at present as I find these harder than I do than the women’s cards. I shall change tactics tomorrow and work on different ones.
    Thanks again for the welcome,
    Kat

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Question

Hi. Thank you.
    I am hoping someone is able to help also.
    One of the dies I am having a problem with is new I have just bought it. The other is maybe a year old and as it is a sentiment, used quite a bit.
    Yes these machines are expensive and I am hoping it is something that can be sorted pretty easily. I shall double check with an older die tomorrow to see if I have the problem with one I know was fine last time I used it, I have been concentrating on the men’s cards at present as I find these harder than I do than the women’s cards. I shall change tactics tomorrow and work on different ones.
    Thanks again for the welcome,
    Kat
    Last edited by Anirtak191; 09-02-2018 at 05:14 AM.

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

I would contact Sizzix, their customer service is very good and they may be able to suggest something.
    Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Could it be that you need new cutting plates.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I thought about the cutting plates but thought i would be getting the problem with more than just the odd die here and there if it was the hem. Will change them and see if that makes a difference.
    I will also try their customer service see if they hey can shed anything ny light onto the problem.
    Thank you
    Kat

Have caught a bug! Scrapping! Allyj50's Avatar
    1 mile from EastLancs A580 Golborne island between Manchester and Liverpool
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (49)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anirtak191 View Post
    Hi all. I have a big shot pro and have had it for a couple of years now. Recently I have started noticing the cutting isn’t as good. Part of the dies are not cutting out. Sometimes changing the paper/cardstock I am using seems to make a difference. Sometimes adding an extra shim helps but not all the time. And it is not the areas closer to the middle that aren’t cutting properly.
    And it always seems to be the same part of the die that is not cutting properly no matter what way I put it onto the cutting plate and roll it through.
    Does any one have any ideas at all why this could be happening all of a sudden.
    Many thanks
    Kat
    just a thought but is there any paper or card stuck inside the die that you maybe cant see? A pair of tweezers might help you to have a prod around.
    Or is the metal edge of the die worn down or uneven which is why its not cutting properly? If none of the above works, can you find the receipt for it to return it?
    I buy the majority of my dies from Sizzix and any problems I have had, I have been able to return said "faulty die" although to be fair, its mainly machines I have had problems with, but they were returned and funds were refunded, no problem. However a couple of years, can be a different matter. Have you ever lent them out to anyone and only noticed when they came back that they aren't cutting properly?

Cheers
    Ally
    aLLy x
    Glitterbugs Team Member Blue Brads House
    Back after a 2 year break for PL info