Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Themed Cards > Occasions

Notices

Thread: Golden Wedding

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Golden Wedding

I am a newbie - never posted before. Have been searching for weeks for either stamps or dies to make my husband a card for our Golden Wedding Anniversary and can find nothing. I have just ordered a sheet of stick-ons, but really wanted something a bit more special. I love browsing and looking at all your lovely work to get inspiration and would really appreciate any ideas or advice. Thanks so much in anticipation, Susan

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Congratulations! What about incorporating a pic of your wedding day and a pic of the 2 of you now? You could even cut the pics out with a heart shaped die (depending on how slushy you want to be). Pinterest always has some good ideas if you search for Golden Wedding card ideas. Good Luck!
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Welcome Susan and congratulations!

If you need anything die cutting in gold just let me know and I can pop them in the post for you. I have lots of dies (ask anyone). I have numbers, letters, the word dies such as With Love (3 different types of those) You Are Special, lots of different heart shaped dies and of course Happy Anniversary (how could I have forgotten that one). You could use that with a 50 alongside it. I'll have a good look round tomorrow and see what else would be suitable, I know what you mean, you want this card to be as special as the anniversary you are celebrating. What date is the big day?

Oh, I also have a lovely large stamp which says With All My Love, it's a lovely font too and I could stamp it and heat emboss it in gold, or if you have any of these tools you could do it yourself.

If you think of anything or have any ideas of what you were after just say and let's see if we can help. If I haven't got it someone else will have and they're a really generous bunch on here, don't be afraid to ask.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I agree , Susie has LOTS of Dies that would be suitable, and she is very generous
    about cutting them, as I can confirm, being a recipient of some
    One of the Dies is a beautiful butterfly panel in gold card. It would
    be lovely for a special card, and you could put a 50 Number in the middle
    Hope that helps.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ellie, you've got me thinking... I also have the word Wedding, so the Happy Anniversary die could be snipped away to leave the word Anniversary and with a 50th and the word Wedding and Anniversary you're done. They two words would be different style fonts but that's all the fashion these days.

Oh Ellie you are so sweet and kind to say that, but you are the same as are all the ladies on here, we just like to help each other out don't we. I like the way you did the word lots in BIG letters.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you so much Susie - I would really like to accept your very kind offer, but I presume there is a private messaging system for me to pass on my address. If you would put me wise on doing this, it would be very much appreciated. Our anniversary is the end of Feb. Thank you again, Susan

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you

Dear All - I knew you wouldn't disappoint !!! I have taken up Susie's kind offer. Thank you all - Susan

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'll pm you Susan and then a notification should come up and you can either tell me what you need, or tell what sort of papers you have to match and then you can send your address. The good thing is we have time to find the right things for you to use.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    You are welcome Susan.
    You are right Susie, we do all like to help if we can.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks you Scrapmate : great minds must think alike - I incorporated our wedding photo on our Ruby Wedding card. thanks again for replying.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have a lovely heart frame if that is the way you want to go Susan. If you check out my gallery and look for the June card challenge photo, it is my niece's first wedding anniversary card and I used a photo from her wedding on that card. Did you find the pm?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    If you go through susie’s gallery you’ll see lots of the dies she has !! And lots of beautiful cards
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Sue - I have received your PM one on my email, which advised not to reply, but could click on the link, which I did and then I read the above and sent another PM but not with success. I will have another attempt tomorrow. Susan

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh Alison thank you so much.

You can't reply to a pm through your own e-mail you have to reply through the pm part of UKS. The email is just to make you aware that the message is there and of course you can read it. Top right on UKS site should say notifications and if you click on that it should take you to unread messages. Click on that and you can reply through there. If anyone wishes to give out their personal e-mail or addresses they do it through the pm.