Happy new year all!

Sorry for the delay in getting this thread up.

This year's card challenge is a slightly different approach to past years. The focus is on...

Something old - Something new

It's about showing love to those craft items of the past that may be gathering dust on a shelf somewhere, making sure new purchases are put to good use as soon as they arrive at the door, and even marrying both the old and new on your projects.

The full instructions and details for this year's challenge can be found in the intro post on my blog here. There is also a second aspect to this challenge you may want to have a go at as well. It's one of my personal goals this year to try and do multiples of cards while I have the product out on my desk. So if I cut into a piece of paper and there's not that much of it left, rather than it go back in the scrap bag I'm hoping to make another card with it there and then.

Each month I will share a design element for you to interpret as you see fit. There may or may not be a Pinterest pin for additional inspiration, but I will endeavour to list a few ideas and hints to get you started as well.

Past prompts will all be tagged under 2018 card challenge on my blog so you can find them easily in one place.

Also for those of you on Instagram, I'll be using the hashtag #2018handmadecardchallenge to share my projects there, so feel free to use this tag on Instagram as well!

The design element for January is....

Fancy Words

I look forward to seeing how you interpret it - remember I've listed a few tips over on the blog post for this month.

So all that remains for me to say is: Happy crafting in 2018!