Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi, Susie, I got lots of lovely presents, but non remotely crafty, unfortunately!!!!!
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I didnt either

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I got a few little bits, hopefully I can get round to playing with them soon.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Ah well, I did buy mine and give them to hubby to wrap! He always panics over what to get me, it is the only time he worries over anything I think so I make it easy for him. To be honest, neither of us is too bothered about presents although I do enjoy buying them for the family, especially the kiddies. I walked in to a lovely greeting from my great nephew on Christmas Day...
    "Merry Christmas you filthy animal!" I suspect he'd been watching Home Alone.

Hubby and I did used to enjoy surprising each other but it sort of stopped after one Christmas I almost fell over this large object all wrapped in the bedroom. It was a big comfy chair for my desk, I still have it but still can't use it because the arms get in the way. I had to go back to my old chair because it is more compact and to be honest, gives better lumbar support. He was so disappointed because it was such a thoughtful gesture and if we ever revamp my craft room we will get it out and give it another go.

Meanwhile, 'we' bought me a WRMK precision press which I tried before leaving it for him to wrap. It is brilliant, I told him he made a good choice there. I surprised him this year with a book in a series he's been trying to get hold of at the library but they're not stocking it. Thank goodness for Amazon. He also got a few other bits and pieces but there is nothing either of us really need and if I need crafty stuff he's the first to say "Oh why don't you get that". I got him masonry drill bits, he has a thing for them and blunted two trying to put a mirror up just before Christmas, our house bricks are extremely hard, they made them well back in the old days.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Err...one or two bits...and I haven't finished photographing it all yet!
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Here's the last of it...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Nice pressies there Elaine like the wood words can see an owl pp pad looks nice too
    We much the same Susie its my fault cant blame DH as he use to buy me pressies till I started buying them myself !!!!
    Merry Christmas you filthy animal that made me

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Off out shortly to get my replacement new glasses - don't ask! I'll photograph the one or two little pieces hubby also got me, not that he knew it of course. I bought one or two things and each time said,"This is my Christmas present from you" and hubby just says OK.

That's a brilliant stash Elaine, did family buy them for you or did you choose any for yourself? It looks very precise, so that must have been one heck of a list you sent up the chimney to Santa.
    Last edited by Susie.A; 28-12-2017 at 08:47 PM.

View Gallery

You did well Elaine !
    I am ok if you can buy it on amazon ! I have a wish list that DH and kids can go to.
    DS2 will actually go to a craft website and select from my wish list. Otherwise I buy things myself, wrapped most of my stuff this time too !

Here’s my little collection, some of it is from my team secret santa.

A95FC584-6E96-425D-855A-62BB44F12FFC.jpeg
    FFDC574B-FE84-4FA7-BE8E-6C29794CF9AC.jpeg
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

And here’s a quick card I made today,it has a little bit of grey

A61B6C8A-763F-4A0A-A635-64C08365D215.jpg
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Some lovely crafty stuff there ladies.
    We are like you and DH Susie. We never know what to get each other.
    We don’t actually need anything, and if we do ,we just go and buy it. !!

Nice card Alison.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Well...truth be told it was all swaps from UKS and a group I'm in on FB. I did three advents swaps, a secret Santa from my team and a stocking swap on here too. I did very well though. No one from the family/friends bought me one piece of crafty stash! They really are hopeless when it comes to craft stash but they do very well on special gifts..even DH. I asked for John Lewis vouchers from most of the family as I need a new iPad..this one keeps freezing! I got those from everyone but I also got the dog paiinting from DH of course and lots of other smaller things.
    Nice haul there Alison. I need to get myself organised for a wish list from Amazon if I want the family to chip in. I tried it once..but no one used it though so I was so disappointed I didn't try again.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well I, (oops I mean hubby) bought me a Cutterpillar pro cutter and a Cutterpillar glow. The glow is brilliant (no pun intended) for doing inserts and layering exactly, especially in these dark months. If I use my table lamps they all cast shadows and things end up off-centre and it drives me nuts, especially when it is the insert for a card and I have to rip it out again.

My old Fellowes trimmers were great but they don't make the metal ones anymore and I haven't seen a blade for them in ages. This has a lifetime guarantee and the blade is supposedly self sharpening but only time will tell. I sent a review telling them of a few tweaks they could make to have the perfect cutter but I doubt they will listen to me. I also have a guillotine but that has a tendency to shed grey dust onto the card stock. It looks like graphite so whether it is a mixture of metal and oil I have no idea but it was a nuisance when I was trimming the ivory weddings cards as it didn't rub off, it just smeared.

That is exactly what I do Elaine when I need an expensive item, ask family for money or vouchers if you know where you are buying from and get something that you really need. Both of my computers and my cameras were bought for BIG birthday presents and at Christmas I asked for money to put towards them too. Hubby pays whatever else is needed. It is nice to think when I use my cameras that they were gifts and I often say to the family "Well, you bought this for me" as they tend to forget.

As you say Ellie, if you need something you tend to go and get it. Hubby will walk into my craft room and comment on the staggering amount of 'stuff' I have, but he will be the first to say "Just buy it", if I see something interesting. Bless him.

I'm off to do some knitting now, I want to finish this little jacket I'm making and I can't find the correct colour rosebuds for it so I may have to make them too. I should be making cards because I have a lot of January birthdays shortly but I have an idea of what I will do and of course I need to try out the WRMK precision press.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh Alison, I see you got the precision press too, what do you think of it? I think it is brilliant. Meant to say, lovely card too.
    Last edited by Susie.A; 29-12-2017 at 02:09 AM.

View Gallery

Lovely card Alison with touch of grey and nice stash pressie too
    Hope you finished your little jacket Susie