Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Where do I get digital images from?

Hello, I'm a total newbie here! Apolagies for my lack of knowledge, but I'm looking for lovely Disney images which are digital to put on cards etc. I've no idea where to look/buy etc. Is there a website people use to download or do people buy discs?
    Sorry I'm a total novice & have searched the internet but can't find my answer!
    Thank you, Gemma x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Gemma,

I love downloading images off the internet and it does depend greatly on how you word your search. I was making a card and needed Elsa, so I searched for Free Frozen digital images and then sometimes click on Images at the top of your browser. Here's one I used on a card, which was a free image. I just click on the image and then right click to download it. You'll know straightaway if it is going to be a decent size or not, usually they tell you on the image anyway. Obviously, these are still for personal use not for sale, copyright and all that and Disney are very strict on that, but I'm sure you're aware of the legal bit.

6fe5948c36de62c2141d13259fc8b838.jpg
    Last edited by Susie.A; 25-03-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Meant to say, perhaps if you make your search more precise, if you haven't tried this, say search for the character you want rather than Disney, you may get a better selection. Who are you searching for and I'll see if I can find anything? Also, different browsers often seem to come up with different results.

The image above was the one I used on a card for my great niece and I found a lovely Frozen background to set her against and of course I resized her appropriately.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here's a Christmas card I made for my Spiderman mad great nephew, all digi images off the internet. A quick and easy card to make once you have the image you want. Spiderman is a separate image, Santa and his sleigh and background were all one image and I just put the two together and added a sentiment and stuck it onto to red glittery card - he loved it! Hope this helps.

P1090250.jpg
    Last edited by Susie.A; 25-03-2017 at 03:59 PM.

View Gallery

Thank you for your reply, what do you do if you wanted to sell items with images on? Where do you get those? ��

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You can buy cd's with digital images on and they will tell you their angel policy. I'm not great on copyright law so I never take any chances, I would imagine Disney would not allow you to sell any cards with their images on.

A certain shopping channel do a whole range of Disney dies and products, but even if you buy them to make cards you aren't allowed to sell them as far as I'm aware. The shopping channel (don't think we can mention names) have a licence to make the dies etc... but they are for personal use so that doesn't include selling anything you make. It's a tricky one.

Have you posted this in the digi forum, someone on there may be able to give you more accurate information? I would imagine that if you are buying cd's or downloading images you've bought you may well be able to sell them in most cases, obviously you wouldn't be allowed to repackage the images and sell them on as if they were your own, which I'm sure isn't what you intend to do anyway. You just want some nice images to download and make cards with and then be able to sell without breaking the law.

I would post this question on the Digital Forum and see if someone on there can be of more help? They also design gorgeous digi images for sale too so you may find something you can use on that thread. Hope you find what you're looking for.

View Gallery

Thank you for your help I will ask there x