Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    That sounds a lovely day Susie well done to your sister arranging and keeping secret
    Hope your mum feels better Elaine and you too Ellie it seems everyone got cold and flu
    I loved the two colours on your card Elaine and the punched flowers pretty

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Sounds like a great birthday Susie, it's lovely to meet up with friends and Family, I hope all you poorlies are on the mend, these chest infections are really causing problems at the moment.
    I am loving all your creations, I bought some dies from crafters companion to make Christmas cards but haven't really tried them out yet. my gallery is full so can't upload anything until I sort it out but I did make a card for my DGS birthday. I really need to make 2 cards for my brother and son and a Bon voyage for my best friend going to live in Spain for a few months
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Sounds like you have to make quite a few then Scrapnanny! You don't have to load cards into your gallery though! You go 'advanced' then 'manage attachments' then upload your photo..follow the on screen instructions and you have a photo there without using your gallery.. You don't get comments in the normal way but most people in this thread will say what they think (!) there is a photo button on the top line too but I have limited success from an iPad so it depends if you use a laptop or not.
    Susie..I did laugh at your friends saying it sounded like you were a drug pusher! Lol
    No card making for me ATM..too busy preparing for my retreat this weekend and still visiting Mum.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    So glad that you had a lovely birthday Susie.
    Friends like that are worth a fortune.
    My friends in Oz are like that. Whenever we meet it's just
    like we saw each other yesterday! So precious

Elaine, hope your mom is improving. The retreat should take your
    mind off things for a while. Enjoy it.

Ellie

View Gallery

Its lovely to have friends like that me and my uk besties like that
    Hope your mum is good today Elaine which retreat are you going on ?I do hope to get over this year july/august and meet with some of you would be great

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    That's a handy bit of advice Elaine about uploading photo's. My gallery is full and I usually delete a card to add another and so on.

Yes, well don't forget Elaine, you calling me an enabler is what started it, they probably look at me in a whole new light now! Hope you enjoy your retreat, it is just what you need at the moment - any further news on your mum's condition?

It sounds like we are all lucky enough to have real friends who never change no matter how far apart we are or how often we see each other and it's a true blessing.

I must get on with cards, I have birthday cards, wedding cards to make, one from the mother of the groom, hubby's and a friend's 70th end of Feb and beginning of March and a couple of 60th's to do apart from this challenge. I also need to start printing off photo's and banners for some of the events. Needless to say, some of the banners will be cruel and hilarious. People are so stupid, they keep sending me these ridiculous photo's done on the phone and then I feel forced to use them on a card or banner. They forget they've been taken but I never do, I just save them away. To be honest, I think they all love it and it's all done in fun and then I print the ones of them looking lovely too, so not such a bad person really.

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

I am prepping for a retreat too - trouble is I have more ideas for cards when I don't have the time to do them, than when I am sitting at my craft desk and ready to go!!

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Do you know Wendy I am exactly the same. I can be just about to go to sleep and I'll think of something and if I don't jot it down there and then I'd forget by the next day. The problem with my craft room is I have so many things on the go and I don't seem to finish them. More than that though it needs a huge sort out and I bought lots of pretty storage boxes but sorting takes time and then I can't craft and when I do sort anything I can't find a thing afterwards!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the advise Elaine and I hope that your Mum is on the mend. I have a few card ideas and 1 nearly finished but DH decided to strip down our Range yesterday, it is solid fuel so lots of soot everywhere, it takes 2 days to clean the kitchen and it's DGS,s birthday tea tonight so I really have to finish it today before I can get back to crafting.
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

Whilst I am determined not to buy any more dies this month, I did give in yesterday to my other weakness.... stamps!! A couple of rose collage stamps from Chocolate Baroque, well it is Valentine's Day coming up ...... I am hoping that they will turn up tomorrow so I can take them to the retreat on Friday

Wendy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I made 2 cards yesterday all thanks to inspiration from this lovely group, thank you ladies, I am on a roll and I have got 2 lined up for today,
    Susie and Wendy sounds like you are both going to be busy, it takes me so long to make one.
    Chris
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Chris, it takes me ages to make a card, that's why when I come up with one idea, I make it fit a few people. I still haven't finished the blue one for this month yet!

View Gallery

Me too I got all my cat pp scraps and stamps out and just looked at them they still there waiting for inspiration You wouldnt think it be so difficult to make a card 6x4 would you
    I like the square cards now I have to say its an easier shape but havent any cellophane bags that size to keep them clean if they for sale

View Gallery

my new stamps did arrive on Thursday, so I was able to have a play at the retreat *waves to Elaine* .... I need to make them up into cards now.

wendy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have been playing with some Alpha stamps for my next card, I tried using embossing powder but it was a disaster so went back to ink, much easier but does not look as nice.
    Chris
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.