Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks ladies and it was all one die even the banner part. No, I tell a lie, the Happy Birthday was a separate die but the rest was just one die. But the die itself could be used for most occasions so quite useful.

Good job you added that bit about next month Wendy because I wouldn't have believed you for one minute otherwise.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by here be dragons View Post
    That is a lovely card Susie
    I have sworn off buying any more dies ...... until next month LOL.

Wendy
    We will be keeping an eye on you
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Susie, I've never bought a die like that but its rally lovely, and as you say versatile. What is it ?
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I am seriously thinking now I need a new die cutting machine I only have the old red sizzex and sidekick but feeling left behind in the die cutting word as that design is so useful as you say Susie
    When I visit the uk and meet up with crafty friends I do try out new toys but theres a limit to what you can cut per session you never have the right colour This die has to be on my wish list
    A little birdy told me Happy Birthday wishes in order today Susie enjoy your day xx

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Lots more chatting..and die buying! What are you like?
    So pleased to hear you're on the mend at last Ellie..I'm still coughing from my chest infection at Christmas..it's getting right on my nerves!
    Thanks for the advice re the blood Susie..II is so handy to have someone that's been through it on hand... Thank you!
    Lovely die that..I have very few dies..now I have my silhouette I can't justify buying them..that said I never bother to get it out often enough. When I move my craft room will be double the size so I hope I'll have it out all the time.
    I made a quick card today using Stampin Up Petite petals and punch..I don't have anyone for it yet but it's always useful to have a spare. The background is from the new Ubud Dreams from Kaisercraft. I've combined Island Paradise and Niagara.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Happy Birthday Susie!!! hope you got a few dies to play with
    I can recommend the Sizzix Bigshot Plus, it'll do A4 so is handy for the larger dies and embossing folders. I do have a Sizzix in each size!!! I use the Plus at home, used to take the sidekick to crops but the plates aren't sold any more so I bought the Tattered Lace baby blue, which will cut up to 3" wide and is portable.
    Lovely card Elaine, I have those stamps and the punch and they are so useful

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks Elaine. Did you eventually get any ABs for the chest infection?
    Your card is lovely, such a pretty blue for the petals.
    I have to make one for an 80 yr old man, any ideas, anyone ??
    Ellie.

Ps. Sorry forgot to say, Happy Birthday Susie.
    Have a great day........

View Gallery

Card challange

I have made two blue cards, for no one in particular.
    One is a Bon Voyage, and one a Christmas card.
    Ellie
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Lovely cards Ellie, love the addition of the gold on the Christmas card.
    Cards for men are hard aren't they, could you just make one with a big 80 on it ?
    Elaine, that little stamping up punch and stamp set is very versatile, lovely card. I like the variations of blue
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Thanks for your advice Wendy
    lovely cards Elaine & Ellie good to get in front I love the added pearls on the christmas card Men yes I always struggle with cards for men
    I am going to donate my cards for sale in the village and the money go towards a spaying fund for cats we have a huge problem (a long story)but going into mass production blue cards with cats on right now

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Beautiful cards Ellie

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

View Gallery

Thank you ladies.
    Good idea Alison, the big 80, thanks.
    Hope your cards sell well Denise
    Ellie

View Gallery

Ooh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSIE !! Hope you've been having a lovely day x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Oh Susie..sorry I missed your birthday..a belated Happy Birthday to you!
    Yes it is versatile Alison..it's very handy for a quick, simple card like the one I made earlier.
    Lovely cards Ellie.. I really like the Christmas one.
    Hope you get all your cards made and sold Denise..it sounds like a good cause.
    Last edited by elainevking; 15-01-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Wow, you've been busy on here haven't you! Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes, I had a great day and evening with a huge surprise arranged by my sneaky sister. She invited my oldest friends from South Wales to come up and I had no idea they were coming. We don't get to see each other very often but we did go to my friend's 65th last year and surprised her, but that was on the Wirral. They live right by the coast so it's a 4-5 hour drive and no motorways really. It took me a full hour to get over the shock, so much so I forgot to get the camera out at first and that's not like me, I'm the family official photographer! We've been friends for nearly 60 years and it's one of those friendships that no matter how long it is since we last spoke, we pick up as if we'd just seen each other only yesterday. So a really super birthday.

Now back to dies... Alison that die is a Tattered Lace one and it came in a set and I told hubby he could buy it for me for my birthday, so that really doesn't count.

Glad to see you up and about and making lovely cards Ellie, hope you are feeling a lot better than you did.

Elaine, the blood thing is just one thought, I hope your mum's pneumonia is improving. The chest thing you have really seems to be doing the rounds. My neighbours's had it for 4 weeks now and it just doesn't seem to want to go away. Love your card and those flowers are so pretty. Also love the way you managed to combine the two blues.

Oh by the way Elaine, I told them all at our little party that you call me an Enabler, they all cracked up and said it made me sound like I was pushing drugs not dies!

I have two A4 machines now one a Spellbinder Platinum and a Tattered Lace Crossover both excellent, still have my little Cuttlebug too. It's worth trying them out before you buy Denise if at all possible.

I'll try out the other die in the set to let you see how it looks.