Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Love the bike card Ellie .... I am sure I have that paper somewhere, I should dig it out I have been buying a few dies myself, really need to christen them!!

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thank you Chris-and Wendy.

Sorry I've not been around, I'm in bed with flu!!!! HORRIBLE!!!!
    Will try next weak, no energy.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by RED HEAD View Post
    Thank you Chris-and Wendy.

Sorry I've not been around, I'm in bed with flu!!!! HORRIBLE!!!!
    Will try next weak, no energy.
    Ellie
    Now if that isn't a Freudian slip I don't know what is Ellie - weak instead of week. We could say it's a typo but I think it was your mind reminding how awful you feel. Back to bed for you and make sure you rest and get over this properly - I bet I sound like your mother.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    You were right, it was a mistake, writing what I was thinking .
    Sorry Mother.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Hope you feel better soon Ellie
    Last edited by bramblepie; 10-01-2017 at 04:37 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Oh dear Ellie, take care and hope you're feeling better soon x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Love the little cat card Denise, I'm loving these colours.

And finally here are my quick Christmas cards, I grabbed a couple of my snowmen back out of the box to make the photo more interesting...
    IMG_0475.JPG
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It's Mother here Ellie I hope you got some rest today. We were at the hospital and the number of people who had chesty coughs was awful. Every where we went people were coughing and spluttering, must admit I was dodging left, right and centre. Having said that, we got chatting to some lovely people and it certainly passed the time in a very pleasant way.

I just left you a comment Denise for your lovely card.

Love those quick but very effective Christmas cards Alison. Simple but classy and hard to do I think. Your snowmen seem to approve too, they really are adorable!

Since we were out again today nothing from me, but I do hopefully, have a day in tomorrow. I need to have a card made and in the post by Thursday at the latest. It needs to be flattish too, just so it doesn't get wrecked before it arrives.

Having you on board again Wendy, means Elaine can tell you off for buying dies instead me.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Hope the appointment went well Susie
    and you feel better Ellie
    Love those cards Alison great start and photo with the snowmen I loving the colours too even though i didnt think I was a blue person I do wear blue navy a bit though come to think I dont scrap blue much it never jumps out at me as being a fav colour but funny I chose for the weekly so I must be more bluer than i think Theres so many shades though I do like this choice for the Jan card monthly its a nice change to do colour waves feel inspired to keep up

View Gallery

Great cat card! And I love the quick cards :-) I have got as far as sorting out paper for the lighter blue..... maybe I need more dies, for inspiration. After all, I have only managed to buy four sets so far this year, and a fifth on its way - is that really enough I ask myself???
    Wendy

View Gallery

Thanks for comments on the cards x
    Wendy, 5 sets this year , its only 11th Jan !! I'm expecting great things with your cards
    My aim is to use all those that I already have and hardly used, if they've been used at all !
    Denise you obviously have a secret like for blue
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by here be dragons View Post
    Great cat card! And I love the quick cards :-) I have got as far as sorting out paper for the lighter blue..... maybe I need more dies, for inspiration. After all, I have only managed to buy four sets so far this year, and a fifth on its way - is that really enough I ask myself???
    Wendy
    Where's Elaine when you need her! Wendy, I feel like a saint compared to you. Five sets of dies so far this year, I really admire your style. I need to know which ones you've been buying, we should compare notes.

I'm just using a new set by Tattered Lace and I will get the photo as promised but it doesn't fit with the colour tones. I've also learned a very handy lesson, certain glues just leave bumps showing through your card stock if you dot it around and let it dry a little. Hubby reckons non-crafters wouldn't even notice it but it is so annoying and I'll take the photo and you can tell me what you think.

Like you Alison I am now trying to use the ones I already have. Yes, yes, I know I've said it before but you can tell I'm serious I haven't even glanced at a certain craft channel today.

Once these cards are done I can give the blue cards a go. I do have a piece of paper picked out from one of those many 6x6 pads I mentioned recently. It needs to be quite simple because the background paper is quite fussy, but pretty.

View Gallery

What are you like ?! Though shalt not covet thy neighbours dies
    Look forward to seeing some cards from you Susie

I need to get some birthday cards made before the end of the month, maybe get time at the weekend if I'm lucky
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

I have made the lighter blue card, using the dies that came today - must be a first!! I do also need to use what I already have :-) Hmmm ... some MFT stitched alphas, stitched numbers, tonic swirling lace layering dies, tonic marquee box, diesire card creator which I have used for the blue card, which I need to photograph in better light in the morning. Oh and my Christmas present from DH - SU large alpha and number dies, plus the vintage balloon die set whose name I can't remember, plus a few stamp sets ..... that doesn't count does it, since I didn't buy it......???

Wendy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I keep typing replies and forgetting to post them!

Presents of any kind Wendy are not included that's the law, so you haven't been as naughty as we thought! I wonder if that means you have to go and buy another set now.