Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniec View Post
    I've had the same problem since updating to version 4.3.273 last week. Any one had a solution?

Jennie which machine are you using? Not sure if it would help but there is a new firmware for the original Cameo to use with Studio 4.3 software.

Recently I had problems 'pausing' work with the screen freezing up with my Cameo 3 and found the fix was updating with V.1.6.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I've added the link to the firmware to the previous page Margaret in case Shirley needs it don't know if Jennie has seen it though

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I've added the link to the firmware to the previous page Margaret in case Shirley needs it don't know if Jennie has seen it though
    Thanks Doreen, my firmware is update although for some reason I always dread doing it !!
    Last edited by Shirley Anne; 18-11-2019 at 02:01 PM.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Jennie which machine are you using? Not sure if it would help but there is a new firmware for the original Cameo to use with Studio 4.3 software.

Recently I had problems 'pausing' work with the screen freezing up with my Cameo 3 and found the fix was updating with V.1.6.
    Margaret in case you are not aware there has been another firmware update V.1.7 for the C3. Also if Jennie has a Portrait 2 then firmware update V.1.10 may well help as it is supposed to improve the threshold for reading registration marks. For the C1 the link can be found here but that was to resolve connection problems after Windows updates - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/fa...tudio-software

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Margaret in case you are not aware there has been another firmware update V.1.7 for the C3. Also if Jennie has a Portrait 2 then firmware update V.1.10 may well help as it is supposed to improve the threshold for reading registration marks. For the C1 the link can be found here but that was to resolve connection problems after Windows updates - https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/fa...tudio-software
    Sorry Shirley I should have said BowBow who seems to be having problems on the previous page

View Gallery

Thanks Shirley. When was firmware 1.7 released? It is only a month or two ago I updated to 1.6 and 1.7 was not there then.

View Gallery

[QUOTE=Neries;6735859]Thanks Shirley. When was firmware 1.7 released? It is only a month or two ago I updated to 1.6 and 1.7 was not there then.[/
    It was released in October Margaret to fix an issue where the carriage can hit the wall of the machine during use with the PixScan mat so if you don’t use Pixscan you probably don’t need to do it. I dread having to do firmware updates !!

View Gallery

It was released in October Margaret to fix an issue where the carriage can hit the wall of the machine during use with the PixScan mat so if you don’t use Pixscan you probably don’t need to do it. I dread having to do firmware updates !!
    Shirley I just missed it as I downloaded V1.60 on the 7th October and installed it. Downloaded V1.70 but don't have the time at the moment to install it. Mother-in-Law's funeral on Thursday and we have to travel tomorrow and stay over for a couple of days.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Shirley I just missed it as I downloaded V1.60 on the 7th October and installed it. Downloaded V1.70 but don't have the time at the moment to install it. Mother-in-Law's funeral on Thursday and we have to travel tomorrow and stay over for a couple of days.
    Hope all goes well on Thursday Margaret

View Gallery

Shirley thank you. It was emotional but lovely, a celebration of her life and no one was to wear mourning black. She was 99 and suffered from vascular dementia for a few years and in the end not recognising or remembering any of the family. No quality of life in the past year so a blessing she is now at rest.

View Gallery

Sorry to hear about your MIL Margaret. My sister in law has dementia it's a dreadful complaint for all concerned. Hop the funeral went as well as these things can

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Sorry to hear about your MIL Margaret. My sister in law has dementia it's a dreadful complaint for all concerned. Hop the funeral went as well as these things can
    Thank you Doreen.

As I posted above it was emotional but a celebration of her long life and her wish for those attending not to wear black.

Your right Doreen dementia is a dreadful complaint and as an ex-nurse if MIL had known it would happen to her she would be horrified, especially as her older sister died from Alzheimer's long before she herself started having memory loss months after having a throat operation in her early 90's due to the anaesthetic.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Just read through this thread, I wonder if there is any possibility that is what is wrong with my machine, it would save me £89 plus the carriage to have Graphtec fix it, it stopped finding registration marks weeks and weeks ago, but due to being loath to part with it, as I use it most of the time, I haven't sent it away, it looks like it would be worth checking it out, as it would now be the New Year before I would send it away anyway, so plenty time to check these suggestions.
    Grace
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Grace can you see any light from the 'optical eye' when it goes to look for registration marks?

View Gallery

Belated thanks Doreen, I've only just seen this. Will check my firmware tomorrow - must get to bed.
    Shirley