Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love Hedgie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    First I would like to thank Karen for all her hardwork. I love UKS I pop on once a day (more if I have time) I am in the same team as crafty Sandra and Crafty Lady but I think as we chat on the Green Button thread we don't chat on our teams thread but we enjoy collecting points. Sandra and I were hoping that we could either join another team or have a few new members but would like to stay in the Green Button house.
    I really enjoy the weekly and monthly challenges and try and do them as they give me inspiration. I also have enjoyed setting the weekly challenge and would be happy to do it again.

Chinese Whispers Christmas Card Swap Chinese Whisper LO swap

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Happy to edit the team spreadsheet to reflect the current state of point collecting
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Thanks Jemma Could the last line be OTHER to accommodate things like the Snap! Challenge?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Jemma once we know where we are going you and I can look at changes that need to be made ... I am so grateful to you for doing the spreadsheet

Ladies I see no reason, provided we get volunteers, why the weekly challenges should not continue

And I think if we can manage it teams could set the monthly (many individual people set the weeklies)

Let's work hard on this to keep UKS vibrant and chatty and inspiring. I know many of us upload pages to blogs etc and I know I am guilty of only uploading a tiny bit of what I scrap but lets all make an effort to fill the galleries with lushness we create and with praise for others who share their work too.

And on that note I will be searching for volunteers really really soon for the next batch of challenges.

Please, support us all by helping to do just one challenge ... it's really easy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Karen

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Ditto that...thank you for keeping us going...

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkSparklyScrapper View Post
    Firstly I would like to add my thanks to Karen aka Scrapdolly, for all the hard work you do in front of and behind the scenes here in UKS

As a member of the Bijoux Belles and Blue Brads and continuing points collector I have to say I would not like to see the teams disappearing altogether- I'm not sure I would bother to scrap nearly as much if I did not have the motivation of weekly and monthly challenges. Sometimes I find it difficult to fit in some of the other challenges but I definitely enjoyed the Summer snap challenge
    Ditto that, but insert Scrap Happy/ GB

I do like to see the challenges even if I am a sporadic scrapper, would miss UKS terribly. Loved the CC's and although I don't join in regularly with chat, I try to keep up with how the team/house are.
    I do appreciate all the work people put in on our behalf. Thank you.
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

My soul is fed by crafting. thriftycrafter's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Is there any way that we can upload easier in future as it is a hassle having to resize for the forum? That might encourage some to upload more.
    It is quite possible there's an easier way and I don't know it as I have huge cyber nous gaps.
    Happily Scrapping for Scrap That

View Gallery

Ladies lots of you seem to like the weekly challenges

Please - if you do - help me keep them going by doing your bit and hosting a challenge

You need to post in this thread HERE

They only work because YOU do.

Many of you who have commented here have already been very generous AGAIN.

Please - do consider if you could set just one challenge for everyone. It's really easy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    I would also welcome an easier way to upload our photos.
    JanetO

x

View Gallery

I am not sure what people do
    You can use something like adobe and make it 600 x 600 (that's what I do) or you can open up the picture in Paint (standard on every PC not sure about Macs) and select resize and make sure maintain aspect ratio is ticked and then select 600 pixels
    That way they are saved as web size in just a couple of steps.

If you want screen shots happy to do that too

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I am in the Allsorts team in the Green buttons house. I like chatting with my team mates in there. I love all the challenges. They are a great inspiration and a real prompt to get me scrapping. I am happy with any format, so long as I can still chat and create. As a rare person who does not have Facebook, I rely on UKS for my scrappy chat and inspiration.
    Thank you Karen for all your hard work!
    Sharon
    Addicted to stash!!

THE ALLSORTS
    Green Buttons House...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I too love the challenges, although for a variety of reasons I havent managed many recently. They are a great source of inspiration and motivation, and the points are an added motivator.
    I agree that the houses are not really needed although I do like our green buttons chat thread.
    Our team chats and keeps in touch regularly enough to keep going as a team, it's nice to know a few people a little better. I'm sure if there is anyone out there who is looking to join a team they could join an existing one
    With UKS being a smaller community now I have got to know more people, as the same ones keep popping up in all the different chats, like Elaine I struggle to keep up with the daily community chat as I feel I am repeating stuff. One main chat thread may be the way to go, I don't always manage to chat every day
    I'm happy to continue collecting the points, it's not a hard job, although I must confess that we seem to have abandoned using the spreadsheet
    Thanks Karen for working so hard to keep the challenges going, it's really appreciated x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    i am also in the ALl sorts green buttons.

I love being in a team and have been in one since I joined. I would miss not having the team as I have ade some good frriends and met up with some of them. I hae knows the older team mates longer than some of my friends.

i used to do the challenges but have laxed a bit for a while. I have been doing art journal pages a lot recently. Could we do art journal page for the weekly challenge? i wil try and start to upload photos of what I do again. I have someon my phone ready to show but i get lazy as it is effort haha

swaps - chinse whsiper christmas card

View Gallery

Ladies - please help out if you haven't already and volunteer HERE