Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Cuttlebug Not Cutting out Tattered Lace Dies

Hi

I bought a Cuttlebug for taking on holiday with me, yes I know sad or what lol but I can't get it to cut out tattered lace dies or any with a bit of cut out detail. I have been trying for 2 days now with every sandwich I can think of but no luck

Any tips or advice would be great

Just need to know if it is a poor cutter and needs to go back

Thanks
    Nic

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I don't have a cuttlebug but have had similar issues with detailed dies and a bigshot. I had to experiment with paper/card shims until it got there. I also found that some card was just too thick to cut well and it needed to be more lightweight. It is a real pain! I think you can also get a special metal shim for very intricate dies!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply, I tired everything and finally gave up and returned the machine. I have a Sizzix Bigshot and a Spellbinders Platinum that will cut anything you throw at it but the Cuttlebug just would not cut anything unless it was just a basic shape e.g. plain gift tag etc.

Nic

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    I love my Cuttlebug and have managed to get it to cut anything I've thrown at it with a bit of tweaking. For tattered lace I use A plate, shim, C plate, die up, card, B plate.

I've found the knack is in the shim. For tattered lace i am currently using an acrylic sheet (the sort you use to cover presentations. Alternatively I've used magnetic paper instead of the shim and put it on top of the C plate instead - this also helps hold the die in place.

You can use anything as a shim, including paper and card, but I've found if you put these in between the plates rather than under the die, the die doesn't impress into the card, etc and weaken the impact of a shim, iyswim.

Hope this helps!
    Lyn