Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper phoenix rising's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

unmounted rubber stamps

A while ago I noticed a discussion about using unmounted stamps & various ways to stick them to acrylic blocks.

Having acquired a number of these & also some on wooden blocks and as I much prefer unmounted stamps because of the storage issues I set about finding solutions apart from buying Easy mount or the ideas that have already been aired. I discovered that my local DIY store sells vinyl cling along with the more usual sticky backed plastic. It's used to put on windows for privacy.This just needs to be glued ( double sided tape works ) to the back of your rubber stamp. The sort I have needs to be moist to make it stick to the block. However I also discovered that if your rubber stamp is shiny on the back just moistening it and putting it on the acrylic block gives a reasonably good "stick" too!

Last night I watched a demo on Create and Craft featuring the ToDo and it was used amongst other thing for stamping.So for owners of a cutting machine that you can adjust the pressure on this is what you can do. Place your stamp on a block image side facing up on the base plate, then your card then a piece of acetate ( to protect your cutting plate then a cutting plate & adjust the pressure so that it just runs through easily. Support the plates with a finger when going in to the machine & coming out the other side to prevent rocking. I've tried this with my Xcut & it does work. It's particularly good for large stamps.

I use a thin acrylic block which allows me to get a good stamped image so I remove any foam on the back of mounted wooden blocks. I use a heat tool to give them a quick blast to soften the adhesive. You do need to be careful of singeing your fingers doing this!!
    Last edited by phoenix rising; 23-03-2016 at 06:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Lesley

Phoenix rising

Dedicated Scrapper phoenix rising's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I soon got tired of the gluing and am pleased to say that wide clear parcel tape works just as well as the vinyl. Have also come across a tip for making the stamp ( with shiny backing) stick to a block & that is a smear of lip balm. Both my lip balm & parcel tape came from £land so not the costliest way to do it either!!!
    Lesley

Phoenix rising