Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)

paper choice help needed for 60th wedding anniversary mini album

My parents will have made the grand total of 60 years of wedded bliss next month and my daughter has contacted all their family and friends asking them to write some personal messages or anecdotes about them or their wedding day. She has charged me with making the mini album to house the replies in.
    Now I am pretty much out of the loop as far as paper collections are concerned, so I really need some big time help here. I have had a quick scoot round a few of the sponser's shops but after a while all the colours merge into one. What I really need is a few recommendations from you ladies so that I can narrow the field before I go hunting.
    I guess I need something in grey/silver colourway since it will be their diamond anniversary and I would quite like a pack/collection/kit as it will probably need a fair few sheets of paper, but other than that I am at a loss. Please, what would you all suggest?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hunkydory do a lovely paper pad which is a mix of silver and gold on white backgrounds which can be coloured of course without altering the silver/gold. What size of paper/card stock are you using? I think the Hunkydory pad is 6x6 but you get a couple of sheets of each if you need to make the page bigger.

Also what about using some vellums with silver in or acetates with silver. I am not up to date with kits and collections but I'm sure I've seen something recently for wedding in 12x12. I'll check my browser history and see if I can find it.

Are you just using the anecdotes or are you using photo's or a combination of both in the book?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Have you a Range near to you? They carry some nice paper collections, 12x12, 8x8, and 6x6. There is one that might be what you need, but, for the life of me, I can't remember what it's called! That's not much help to you, is it?
    Sheila

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just found a K & Co 12x12 pad called Elegance which might do the job. It's a mixture of silver, white, grey and gold and the sheets are foiled, shimmered and die cut as well as plain I think. I might order it for the album I'm trying to do for my niece.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I've had a look at the stuff The Range do, there is a First Edition The Secret paper pad which looks like it might work. Thanks for the other suggestions, off to search the net for the K and Co one (didnt realise they were still going lol)
    I dont think there are going to be any photos, I redid their wedding photos into an album for their 50th and my mum is camera shy so there are not that many photos of the two of them together worth scrapping. I think I will probably make it 8x8 so will need 8x8 or 12x12 sheets.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    That's the one I was trying to think of! Brains gone into hibernation lol. The K and co sounds nice.
    Sheila

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

To be honest, until recently, when I started looking for scrapbook albums for my niece, I didn't realise K & Co. were still going either. You don't seem to here of them very much now which is a shame because they had beautiful designs and lovely ideas and it was all good quality stuff too.