Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you do it ?

Girl with a mission to SHOP..... joolsmicra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I have got rid of some, as I have gradually changed albums to ring binders, as some of the post albums were overfilled, then fell to bits! The ones that went were ones where the pictures now meant nothing, but bizzarely I had spent a long time doing...landscapes continued with chalk (took me ages, not very good at it, subject meant nothing!) glittery leaf pictures(pictures taken to compliment class at a crop...meant nothing to me).
    I like seeing how the fashions have changed, papers I loved, so most I keep, but have sorted various family photo collections recently, and really am conscious that I will leave too much!
    Jools x
    Flyers Newbie CJ's....all three finished! Whoopee!

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by terri View Post
    Debbie, I scrap for myself too. I do have two boys in their twenties. They won't want the albums.
    You say that, but think of THEIR kids. I have very fond memories of being at my grandparents house and flipping thru my dad's old high school yearbook - asking all sorts of questions about the friends he had, the signatures, etc. I would bet if the unthinkable happened and you got hit by a bus tomorrow, your boys WOULD want to keep them. My son is in his 20s and while he won't want them in his flat (well once he stops his jet setting ways moves out again ) but I've caught him taking a sneaky peek at his earliest albums before.

Don't underestimate the power of memories - and it only increases the farther back the memory is.....

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsmicra View Post
    ... glittery leaf pictures(pictures taken to compliment class at a crop...meant nothing to me)....
    I can probably count on one hand the number of layouts from crop classes that I actually MADE. More often than not I would do the technique on some portion of the class pack then save the goodies for a layout I actually wanted to make. Shocking behaviour.

I can think of a handful (less than 5 probably) where I took photos off layouts in order to use them for magazine layouts. I can't really think of any layouts I trashed outright. Even the god-awful ugly ones from the first year or two I scrapped (the 90s OMG) are still saved in albums.

I do often scrap an alternative version of photos. So I may have a layout that shows the kids having a great time at a day out at a castle, a two pager with 5+ photos. Then I will use the single photo of Jack looking off in the distance to scrap some aspect of his personality, a photo of him and Maddie together on a layout about siblings and love/hate relationships, then a single of Maddie and her Dad to highlight the very special bond they have. And lately, as neither one of them will let me take a photo of them, old photos are all I have.

Shockingly, I was clearing out my scrap room, in prep for a move. I have 3 huge lidded plastic storage bins that are full of mini books, art samples (like Bathtub Marci from my sig pic below) and altered art. The mini books take up maybe half of the space. I have a TON of them. I still love them, but there are a couple that are unfilled. i.e I made the mini- but never filled it with photos. MY question is what to do with THEM?? Bin them? give them away? fill them now, and with new or with old photos?

{sigh}

it's never simple is it?

Dedicated Scrapper Celtic Angel's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    It's a no from me too, no matter how old, or what style papers I won't get rid of any of mine, they are part of my scrapping journey and I like to see the evolving style!
    Virginia
    My Blog
    Secret Stocking Swap 2023

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I do redo pages that are falling apart , not sure if i otherwise would redo them but i can imagine doing that if i really did not like them.