Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you do it ?

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)

Can you do it ?

I've just been through my 12x12 albums I have about 12 that are filled, well almost filled. Every year I go through them and scrap - really scrap some of my pages/layouts.

I keep whatever embellishments I can (IF they are worth keeping) and keep the photo's obviously if I can, but I hate to see layouts that I made in the early days which really aren't very good (in my own opinion) - I'm not a fantastic scrapper but I do enjoy flicking through my albums from time to time.

I have managed to throw away about 5 pages tonight. I feel cleansed. ha ha

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    Yes and No -i could never take apart the page - each page has memories in itself while I was creating them - even if they dont meet today's expectations. Where I was , who i was with ( if at a crop) , how I felt at the time. I have often rescrapped a photo or an event though.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh...no...couldn't do it!!!! Each page tells a story and that would be lost if you tore the page up!!! It doesn't matter that it hasn't got the latest embellishments/paper etc my stlye has probably changed anyway!!! I have about 40 albums...so far!!!!

getting busy with the digi!! faerie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I re scrapped mall my albums about 2 years ago About 25 albums at the time. I did not re-do every page but I loved going through them all again!
    x Julia

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    No, because a) like Soojay each page holds its own memories of where I was, why I was scrapping it and who I was scrapping it for but also b) I still have a zillion and five photos that I havent had a chance to scrap yet and I dont have time to worry about re-scrapping those I already have scrapped. I have 21 12x12 albums and quite a few smaller albums and yet I still have 13 CD RUB's filled with photos which doesnt even start to include the ones post digital camera which are stored on my external hard drive.

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

No cos each page has memories and even though ive improved (i hope) since then its where i was at the time.

Chinese whisper LO swap

The mojo has returned! Beanpie11's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Yes! I did it recently throwing out bin bags full of lo's and emptying half of the albums I have. But I scrapbook for a different reason to many people. To me the process of being creative is more important than the memory. At the end of the day I have nobody to leave my albums to so I keep the lo's for a while then when my albums are full again I'll go through them and have a throw out. There are certain lo's I didn't like anymore so the photos got taken off them to rescrap but I didn't keep any of the embellishments. Plus I take loads of daft photos like flowers and animals and the sky and berries and (once) a ducks feet cos I liked the colours I mean do I really need 25 lo's of a highland cow
    Debbie

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Noooo! I haven't ditched any older pages, they show how my scrapping has changed over the 12 years I have been scrapbooking. I have re-scrapped some photos, but not many.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I did 'alter' some when I transferred some LO's from a creative memories album to a ring binder. I had to chop off the edges, then I mounted them on card stock to make them 12x12 which updated them a bit, I did rearrange the photos on a couple too. I also plan to change a couple slightly so they work with other lo's when put together in an album, some just don't work together !!
    I couldn't just throw lo's out though
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    thank you for your replies. interesting.

I still feel cleansed and looking forward to rescrapping the photo's too. I have my mojo back (well at the moment anyway)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    Debbie, I scrap for myself too. I do have two boys in their twenties. They won't want the albums.
    Terri

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    I revamped my Albums as part of my de cluttering, a few old LO don't fit in with my style now so I upgraded them and a few unfinished ones that I really didn't like {reason for not finished them} I took the pictures off and dumped them, It is nice to look back and see that I have improved. LOL.
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

No, I couldn't take them apart or ditch them.
    But, what I am about to do is transfer all my very first 11x8 1/2 layouts into my 12x12 We R Memory Keepers albums. I'll be adding them onto a matching backing sheet with just a title or bit of embellishment As some of the layouts didn't have them.

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I would really have to dislike the LO to actually rip it up and start again. I quite enjoy looking back at the different styles I acquired over the years but the reason for scrapping the photos remains the same. Hopefully the albums will be treasured when I am gone and if they aren't... so be it, I won't know! LOL
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I have thought about it, there are some where it is a case of 'crikey did I really scrap like that' but most often it is the photo, from when it was taken and as said above, the moment it was scrapped - perhaps thinking that they are on the wonky side for some other reason apart from not being able to see straight
    Sarah x