Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I grew back ... like a starfish. Kitty Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (99)

Calling all oldies .... and newbies !!

Hi everyone - after the post from MA regarding the future of UKS, it has been lovely to see an influx of lots of oldies (meant in a nice way of course!!) and also a few newbies too.

I am hoping to draw everyone's attention to the Circle Journal and Swaps forums. At the moment, both forums are relatively quiet (more so the CJ one) If you have used the forums in the past, please drop in and have a look. Chrissie (Xmasbaby) has just put a post up to see about starting a new CJ in March .... it would be lovely to have some new names in there as at the moment there are only 2 running and both of these are not the 'traditional' CJ ! For those of you that haven't done one before, please have a look at what a CJ is - there is a post explaining in more detail on there. Also, I am hoping to have a revamp of the 'newbie' CJs - we changed the rules a bit about 2 years ago and it seems to have died a death since ... so - if there is anyone who likes the idea of doing a CJ but never done one before - this will be the forum for you

Swaps - there are a few running at the moment ... please check it out and see if you fancy joining in with anything - alternatively ... there is a thread for ideas for upcoming swaps (looking for a swap to join) - so if you have any ideas and think it could work as a swap, please add your input. The swap forum used to be a hive of activity but has gone quiet lately ... I'd love to see it back to the way it was ... juggling swaps because you could only be in 3 at a time Honestly .... anything goes, seen something you like on Pinterest/someone's blog .... add it to the thread We like variety, some weird and wonderful things but we also like the traditional too ....embellishment swaps, ribbon swaps, flowers etc .... go check them out
    Christmas Stocking Swap *** ATCoin Swap

Blog Thingy

The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper! Dragonfly Jane's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (109)
    **Waves** to Kitty Crafts, long time no see. I've not been around in ages but Chrissie (Xmasbaby) kept telling me to pop in so I've made it for a look around. I don't seem to know many people now but then I've been gone a long while, you're one of the few names I recognize.
    Christmas Gift Bag Goodie Swap
    Christmas Stocking Swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have done swaps and CJ's but I think the problem is the price of postage now...it is ridiculous!!!! That could be the lack of interest.....

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Agree with Jackie regarding postage. I am doing the Chinese Whisper LO circle journal great fun and as you are only emailing images of your LO's its cheap and you get to keep your work.

Chinese whisper LO swap

View Gallery

I think it depends on the type swap - a lot of them can get away with a 'large' 1st or 2nd class (the postcard and mini canvas swap I am currently running for example, the monthly tag swap, a bag of ribbons shouldn't be more than this. I do think the postage killed off the CJs though but RM have since revised their postage for parcels and a normal CJ should only come into the small parcel (£2.80/£3.30) bracket - at one time it was costing over £5 to send which understandably was a bit much for most people.

Dragonfly Jane, yes I do remember you and as I said on my first post, it is nice seeing a lot of names I remember from way back appearing again

Blog Thingy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Off to check out the swaps - thanks for the heads up, Kitty Crafts

Dedicated Scrapper lemonblossom's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    The February Tag swap has just closed .
    If you're interested in joining in with a tag swap I will be hosting another in March so keep an eye open over at the swap board .

View Gallery

Feel free to request some that you would like if you don't see anything you fancy

Blog Thingy

View Gallery

Putting it up in a minute Jill x

Blog Thingy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    Not done a swap or a CJ for years...anyone remember the Fat Pages swap?

View Gallery

I do - I have a fat book (or rather 2 as it was too fat to make into one !! )

Anyone fancy doing another one? I can set it up

Blog Thingy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    I have been cleaning my craft room out and have been sorting, I was looking at my fat book the other day, so lovely to look at and remember the Houses swaps, I did loads of them I have mine displayed on my wall. I love swaps
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

ohhhh i seee :) thanks
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (33)
    I love my fat book too!!! Was thinking about it the other day - I would do another one!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That is a super idea Sandra!!! Wouldn't mind joining in one that does this!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    What is a Fat Book ??!!
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022