Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

Comment on the UKS FB page - begs the question....

So there was a comment on the UKS FB page Bout BlogBits. The comment asked if "this will get extended for Instagram users?" I interpret that as could Blog Bits also include Instagram feeds. I could be wrong, but in general I am curious about how many UKS members use Instagram and how they use it for their scrapbooking. I DON'T use Instagram personally, mostly cause I rarely take photos on my phone unless I am playing around with the clip-on macro lens. I know some people like to share layouts that way but I'd like a little more detail about how you use it. That would help me assess if having something like an Instagram ... I don't know, Instagram Instances? Instagram Items? Instagram Iotas? ( trying to match the BlogBits format) is worth exploring. Feedback please...

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Oh dear...no don't use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter....been told that I need to be dragged into the 21st century!!! But quite happy where I am!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I'm not on Instagram but I do sometimes look at pics on it.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

The mojo has returned! Beanpie11's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I love instagram! I usually take photos of my finished lo's on my iPad so it's easy to put them on Instagram. I put my lo's on there because lots of my scrapping friends are on there or blogs from stores use Instagram too. I always use the hashtag #ukscrappers but it appears that most of the lo's with that hashtag are mine LOL but if more people used it and there was an official UKScrappers Instagram page maybe more people would use the site.
    Debbie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I *think* i have an account but i don't use it - I am another who rarely takes photos with my phone.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I dont use it.
    I use my phone for all my photos now as its way better quality than my old camera but I save my photos on cloud or dropbox and thought instragram was something similar so didnt bother. Seems its more of a social network than that but since I have been on twitter for 6 years and STILL have no clue how to work it (I only ever manage to see my own tweets and no-one elses lol) and cant make head nor tail of hashtags I cant see me even wanting to use it.

The security issues worry me a bit too
    Last edited by yizzard; 07-02-2016 at 02:59 PM.

View Gallery

Instagram is so easy and so quick would be fantastic to be able to use it for our LO photos for UKS as literally takes seconds....hope this can go ahead as I m sure it will appeal to a lot of people that don't currently use UKS because if the time it takes to upload to the gallery.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm another who worries about privacy. Instagram is feels a lot more public than using UKscrappers. I feel that things on this site are likely only to be looked at by fellow scrapbookers whereas Instagram and Facebook feel much more open to abuse because of its much wider audience.

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    I've set up a hashtag for Simple Recipes, (#simplerecipesUKS) for sharing finished projects to instagram so you can always see how well that works too. I did read up on Instagram about how to embed the feed so I can hopfully try to have a go at making that work for Simple Recipes. If it does work I'll report back and you can see if it would be useful for blog bits.

Stitching Lady you are very correct too you should never share anything on Facebook/Pinterest/Instagram that you wouldn't be happy sharing with a random stranger walking down the street because everyone can see what you're putting online and the owners of Facebook/Pinterest/Instagram also own the copyrights to the photo so they can also take it off the site and use it.

There was an instance a couple of years ago where a girl was uploading her design work to Instagram on her blog etc and I think it was Tesco she was in one day when she saw a picture of her face on a T-shirt and was freaked out. It turned out that the images from her Instagram/blog had been sold via another website to be used on products, (you can download things with royalty free rights from third party kind of brokers). So yeah I always think about that and think, would you want this on a T-shirt in tesco..then don't upload it to the interwebs
    Leo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    Another who doesn't use this site.
    Terri

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I am registered with both twitter and instergram but personally do not use it.

Twitter and this hashtag thing goes completely over my head. Am sure Latin at school made more sense! LOL

Insergram I look at occasionally but only people/sites I know and only if I'm told (blog/Facebook) about it and it sounds interesting.

Facebook and Blogs are more than enough for me.

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

I registered with Instagram once for a particular purpose but never used it and would not be able able to log back on now with out doing the whole Forgot Password thing, which I am not about to bother with.
    It seems to me that there is a recurring theme of problems uploading to the UKS gallery, is there any way this could be made easier?
    Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    I have an account but don't use it and a Twitter account which I don't use either...don't do FB... I'm old school, I like blogs and forums.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Having just heard the story of the lady in Tesco that really does rule me out. I only scrap with photos of my very young grandsons now and would not be willing to share photos of them all over the interweb!

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I use Instagram mainly to share card projects and other crafty-related things. I don't publish anything there I wouldn't be happy sharing on my blog, I just use it as an additional way to put photos out there - from my experience there's definitely a much wider and more active crafting audience out there on Instagram if you employ the right hashtags and the interaction with others is instant. I especially like the convenience as my phone can take better photos of cards sometimes than my camera does plus it is so quick to upload.
    Instagram has actually been a very rewarding way to share and find creative ideas and connect with other crafters. Like others have said, it's the same rule of thumb for any image you share online. The only scrapbooking stuff I have shared has always been more of a candid variety/images taken at an angle that disguise details.

~ Natty ~