Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi

i have done Simple Recipes monthly for some time now. I am happy for it to remain monthly and currently the rules around claiming points including simple recipes is that it has to be loaded up to the gallery. So I don't think there need to be more points in addition to this.

I would love to be able to upload things more easily and directly from my phone would make it a lot easier but I usually do the weeklies, the monthly, SR, Blogbits and PL with trying to do SNAP as well each month and I upload them all in order to claim the points.

I would rather that SR remains separate to the other challenges and is a stand alone challenge along with all the others.

I think it is a great idea to offer a Pocket page sketch along with a general LO and journal page and card if you can fit it all in! I have only ever made LO's from simple recipes.

Thanks for all the time you spend on this class I have appreciated it and I have missed you in January! I hope you can continue

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I understand where you are going with trying to incorporate instragam, Facebook etc and think that could be a good idea, but goodness knows how that is done.

How about an instragam account for UKscrappers? And then an addition for simple recipes, UKscrappers/simple recipes? (At this point I would like to say I've no idea how instragam works, I've not been on there often and not posted so my knowledge is limited).

Using UKscrappers Facebook page to post simple recipes, and in fact other challenges could be good as a way of pulling more people to UKS

Doing a layout for pocket scrapbooking sounds great.

As for recipe ideas I'm afraid I've none. I've got into a bit of this is what I do and not tried anything different for a while so am sure anything will be good to inspire,me.

Viv
    Last edited by hsanders; 27-01-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Scrapping Addict ScrapHappyNiki's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I love Simple Recipes and join in almost every month. Thank you for the hard work you put in. I would continue to join in each month if you continue the class.

It is becoming clear that people are finding uploading to the UKS gallery quite challenging and time-consuming compared to uploading to FB or instagram. I see no problem with starting a #ukssimplerecipes hashtag - no results when searching for that so far. Those whom it will be useful to can use it, while those who don't use instagram can continue sharing their layouts in whatever way they are already doing so. If you want to share all layouts shared using that hashtag then you can do so by posting a link on the thread or on the UKS FB page, so that people can easily click through and see all the layouts together in one group. I think it's a great idea.

As for Simple Recipes, I liked the old style and I like the moodboards too. I also have only ever made layouts but I might use a PL sketch once in a while I would like to see sample layouts which the moodboards don't have.
    But basically I love it, keep doing what you are doing!

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I agree with making uploading as easy and flexible as possible too. I enjoyed the original Simple Recipes, and joined in with them more often, but can see that they took a lot more time to prepare. I just found that they taught me more as a scrapper, and challenged me to try a technique I wouldn't normally try. Stash Bash and SLYMI did this too... I think we can all get in a bit of a rut occasionally.
    I have to admit having not made a layout at all yet this year; just not feeling motivated.

Wish I could say the same about my buying of stash.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I'm happy with the content you put into this class/challenge, I've mood board, colours and sketch, thanks for the inspiration each month. I don't always do the challenges but that's more to do with personal time.

The hashtag idea sounds great. I've just figured out how to resize and upload from my phone to the gallery, so that will help.

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    The new one will appear on Monday. I've ended up making it kind of a mish mash of the older style with the technique/method to try and the colour scheme with a bit of the moodboard one with the image/s and sketches. On the introduction page on the worksheet download I've included buttons for Instagram, the UK Scrappers gallery and the UK Scrappers Facebook page so hopefully that makes it easier to both share and for everyone to see what others are making too. I will try and add the info to the post when it goes up on Monday too. The hashtag for Instagram is #simplerecipesUKS
    Leo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoventryAnn View Post
    I have enjoyed the Simple Recipes in the past and look forward to using the challenges again.
    Me too, Ann

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapHappyNiki View Post
    It is becoming clear that people are finding uploading to the UKS gallery quite challenging and time-consuming compared to uploading to FB or instagram.
    Yes that is true judging by my teamies. It is having to resize that's the pain.

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beautifullily View Post
    The hashtag idea sounds great. I've just figured out how to resize and upload from my phone to the gallery, so that will help.
    FAY - I know lots of people struggle with this ... can you explain how you do it?
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog