Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)

New class - what do you want?

Hiya guys

So if I do another class with Simple Recipes is there anything that you want in particular? I've not done anything at all for new classes yet so at this point I can add in new things you want to see or adapt to how people are wanting to use classes.

I know that one thing that people are looking for from the comments on other threads about keeping us going here is an easier way to share what you're making maybe, so I was thinking something like making a Simple Recipes hashtag for Instagram so you can #simplerecipes, (I need to check first that isn't an actual existing one) and then that's a quick way of sharing what you're making and I can try and have a go at linking them up to UK Scrappers for you. Same with sharing through Facebook, (I think we have a UK Scrappers page somewhere?) so that could be a way too of sharing things. I could add the links to the Facebook page and the hashtag on the thread for the class as a way of keeping all the links open so we can all use the platforms we want to but we're linked together through UK Scrappers, does that make sense?
    Leo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    I have no idea about what hash tag even is.
    JanetO

x

View Gallery

That's the thing I'm thinking Janet, you wouldn't have to worry about the hashtag bit if you didn't use Instagram. I'm trying to think of a way to pull together everyone who uses different social media platforms, (Facebook, Instagram, blog, UK Scrappers gallery etc) to share what they're making so we can use UK Scrappers as the 'meeting up' place where everyone can share what they're making while doing the same classes. I think that's what's happening more now is we're still out there making but sharing is so much easier now using something like Instagram because it's just two clicks on your phone and it's all automatic, no editing, no uploading just click, click done so I get why people are migrating to using it but we still want to come together some place and UK Scrappers is here to do that.
    Leo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Ive no idea what instragram is, or how to use it. I load my photos to FB and cloud and to be honest I really dont want to be loading them to another medium platform. Maybe I am being a right misery but I would rather look at peoples work on here somewhere than have to sign up to another place to look.

View Gallery

I don't think I've been understood with what I was trying to say. I'm not saying for everyone to sign up to Instagram. I just was using that as an example. I'm trying to find a way for everyone to share what they're making on here, here being UK Scrappers while still feeling free to use the place they're uploading to at the moment, because at the moment that's not UK Scrappers because people are finding it easier to upload to other places because it's so much easier to use their phone camera. I would put the work into co-ordinating the links in one place, here on UK Scrappers to all the places people were sharing bringing everyone together in one place. ?
    Leo

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Here's my twonpennorth. Ive only ever put one thing on my gallery and for the life of me couldn't remember how to do it again. When I am reading a thread and people say go to my gallery or blog to see what i've done I instantly switch off and don't bother. If it's not there in the post where it's been written about I'm not going to go off in other directions to find it. Can the photo not just be included in the post then it's all there for everyone to see on one thread?
    Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    Yes I do my best to add my page to the post that set the challenge. Maybe those that have access to Instagram and or Facebook can use that too to get other people here?

Is there a way that you could link your challenge in with the house/weekly challenges? Therefore it is open to everyone as it is now, but if you are in a team it will count as extra? I know that you can claim points now, but rather than an extra challenge, could it be within the same one. I have found that I don't complete all challenges every week/month because I run out of time. As your simple recipes challenge has a few sketches and prompts in it, could we have extra points, for extra layouts made from your recipe after the initial one up to maybe a maximum? Just an idea...
    Sharon
    Addicted to stash!!

THE ALLSORTS
    Green Buttons House...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanks for doing the simple recipes. I love the simple recipes challenge and have always been pleased with what I produce. I do post here when I manage to do a layout. Sorry I didn't manage very many last year .

I found it difficult having a different challenge posted each week, as I forget the dates when they should be uploaded.i would prefer all challenges to be posted on 1st month so I know they all have to be done by end of month !
    Or even bi monthly could be an option ?

I think most people who do Instagram would have FB too, so i would have thought posting pics to UKS Facebook group would be adequate, no need to make yourself too much extra work
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I think where ever they are posted it needs to just be one place. If it's only going to be links to where people have posted them around the net in the thread then everyone is going to have to sign up for lots of accounts just to view them all surely?

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I have enjoyed the Simple Recipes in the past and look forward to using the challenges again.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    I love simple recipes, usually do a LO and sometimes an AJ page but don't always upload things, I forget to take photo's, I don't use other social media sites because I don't really know how to {but I am learning} Maybe leave it as it is but with other links, is that what you are saying Leo, then have a few tutorials on "HOW TO"
    My resolution this year is to up load more to the gallery. Maybe extra points for using UKS's Gallery and extra points for using a technic from the class as well.
    I am so looking forward to it starting again Please.
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

I'm working on it. I just wondered if anyone wanted anything adding to it or changing up. Maybe adding a pocket scrapbook sketch for the 1st of the month spread for Project Life scrappers?

I looked up the simplerecipes hashtag and it's already taken for food anyway Hashtags are getting longer and longer these days to make them different! Just as an example if you click on this link it should show you all the images uploaded to Instagram with the hashtag simplerecipes, https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/simplerecipes/
    as I say it's food so I'm just using it as an example to show you what I'm blathering on about.
    I guess I can keep working on it. It'd be nice to bring everyone together, I know scrappers who are just on Instagram and don't come here so I was thinking of that too to bring in more crafters here.
    You don't need to be signed up to see embedded images from Facebook I don't think. I think Instagram is the only one that doesn't allow for embedded links, only because I've no idea how to get the isolated image link, there may be a way. I'll see if I can add one from my facebook page and you can let me know if you can see it or not.

Last edited by CraftyPrincess; 19-01-2016 at 06:05 PM.
    Leo

Dedicated Scrapper wedding belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (69)
    I like the idea of a pocket scrapbook sketch

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I would like a pocket page sketch if you are able to do that too ! I have a baby album that needs doing and need some more inspiration

Is the picture you have attached the new mood board ?
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I've dipped in and out of Simple Recipes in the past but rarely uploaded, my home life is getting rather hectic at the moment for various reasons so any scrapping I manage to do is likely to be with a massive need for inspiration so I like the idea of a pocket scrapbook sketch for that reason but I can't see your pic it just appears as a broken icon.

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x