Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Oh Helen I hope you're not deserting our cutting machine group
    Well Doreen it depends on how much i like this new machine I will let you know how i get on. When i watched all the videos it seemed to be much easier to use and so much quieter. I might miss being able to do all the things i could do with my cameo so i could end up going back to it and putting up with all that noise lol. A certain site had the Circut explore air for £188 everywhere else seemed to be £259 or higher so i went for it lol only draw back is it was 3 to 4 weeks delivery but i thought i can wait for it for that price

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellygreen View Post
    Well Doreen it depends on how much i like this new machine I will let you know how i get on. When i watched all the videos it seemed to be much easier to use and so much quieter. I might miss being able to do all the things i could do with my cameo so i could end up going back to it and putting up with all that noise lol. A certain site had the Circut explore air for £188 everywhere else seemed to be £259 or higher so i went for it lol only draw back is it was 3 to 4 weeks delivery but i thought i can wait for it for that price
    Yes I would like to know how you get on Helen. I bought a ScanNcut just before Christmas. I can use all my own SVG files with it and there are a great deal of them because I can also use them with my Cameo when I make a file I nearly always use Inkscape instead of Studio but I'll still be one of the admin in the cutting group in here. Will you be tied to the Internet with your new machine?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Yes I would like to know how you get on Helen. I bought a ScanNcut just before Christmas. I can use all my own SVG files with it and there are a great deal of them because I can also use them with my Cameo when I make a file I nearly always use Inkscape instead of Studio but I'll still be one of the admin in the cutting group in here. Will you be tied to the Internet with your new machine?
    Yes Doreen that was the only big drawback I could see with the software. You do have to be connected to the the Internet so if you loose connection you are a bit stuck as you can't use it at all. I did hear that they might rethink that though. Fingers crossed they do. How are you getting on with the scan and cut I really wanted one of those when they first came out but just could not get enough money together for it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Yes Doreen that was the only big drawback I could see with the software. You do have to be connected to the the Internet so if you loose connection you are a bit stuck as you can't use it at all. I did hear that they might rethink that though. Fingers crossed they do. How are you getting on with the scan and cut I really wanted one of those when they first came out but just could not get enough money together for it.
    I haven't used it a great deal yet but so far so good it is expensive but I bought it on Flexi Pay from Create and Craft. I've still got my Cameo and will be keeping that
    too

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I did hear that they might rethink that though. Fingers crossed they do.
    They're currently adapting the iPad and iPhone apps so that they don't need the Internet. The android app is due soon, presumably that will be the same.
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dan99 View Post
    They're currently adapting the iPad and iPhone apps so that they don't need the Internet. The android app is due soon, presumably that will be the same.
    Good news. At least we won't be stuck with a useless machine if the Internet cuts out on us

View Gallery

I have just bought the cricut explore air after having the cricut expression and the silhouette and I just LOVE it.The print and cut has a bleed line so your printables have no white lines and the software does all the tracing for you,and it cuts like a dream. Only thing I am waiting to see if they bring out the software for my android as my budget wont streach to buying an ipad.But as I said I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new cricut explore air.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That's good news. I still don't have mine but it should get dispatched any day now. I am excited

Looking for a team that needs a new member! danemi1's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (63)
    Ive still got the original circuit expression....interested to know folks thoughts now you have been using the explore for a while...just been looking at the explore air 2. Any thoughts appreciated
    Danemi1 aka Elaine
    my blog

View Gallery

Can anyone tell me if the circuit 2 explore air...welds letters?
    Danemi1 aka Elaine
    my blog

View Gallery

Yes it does Dani.
    I have the explore, they all run off the same Design Space though. Its great at cutting, however, unless you have an ipad/iphone Design space has to work online which can be a pain. There are peak times that slows the servers down, problems with shockwave etc. When it works it is fantastic, I dont think you can find better hardware, the software on the other hand can be a pain when its glitching. That being said they are working on DS2 which should be a lot better, ironing out any bugs. Fingers crossed they bring it out soon.

House Leader (along with furrypig)
    My Blog

View Gallery

Thank you...Ive put it on my dream wishlist although we need new central heating this next month so instead of being my birthday/chrimbo pressie I may have to treat myself in 2017! Can you still use cartridges with it?
    Danemi1 aka Elaine
    my blog

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    You can still use cartridges with it. All of Cricut's cartridges are available for use digitally in the Design Space software, you no longer need to own the physical cartridge itself. You can buy them by the full cartridge or you can buy individual designs if you don't need the whole cartridge. If you do already own the physical cartridge, you plug it into your Explore once and once Design Space registers that it's in the machine those designs will show up in Design Space as free in the future because you've already bought them.

In addition to being able to use the iphone/ipad with the explore, they are working on an Android app which will hopefully be released soon.
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

View Gallery

Do you know a good cricut machine for now? I was tolld that many cricut machines are not worth it. The in built software can be restrictive and buggy, but it blocks other better software from working with it. And also there a subscription per month, every month, if you stop paying you lose access to work you have already done.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I can’t help with the cricut but I have a cameo silhouette which is fab ... no subscription needed and brilliant to cut whatever you want